Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Damage to brigandine due to arrows? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Matt Edwards

PostPosted: Sat 13 Jan, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Damage to brigandine due to arrows?         Reply with quote

I have a simple question that is probaly more complicated then then i would think. I was wondering what kind of damage a brigandine would take from different types of arrows and from different distances. Is there any examples of brigandines shown with damage on the plates. I was wondering do the plates tend to bend? But then i figured the plates were probaly hardened. So they would seem to crack before they bend. Or maybe im wrong and they would bend. And does it matter what type of arrow head it is when it comes to piercing the plate? Or is piercing the plate even a factor? Keep in mind i'm not asking about the damage to the wearer of the armour. And i'm sure their are a lot of different factors that would change the outcome so feel free to add your own factors like time and location the brig. was made. And arrows and bow types are also a big factor. Im not looking for any particular results. I just overall want to know what damage a brig. would take from arrows. Let me repeat this again. Make up your own factors as anything is possible.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Damage to brigandine due to arrows?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic