Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Allan Senefelder Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Lloyd Clark

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Allan Senefelder         Reply with quote

I have been extremely remiss in not putting this up earlier - however, better late than never!

I want to express both my, and the Historic Camelot Project's (soon to be renamed), deepest respect and appreciation for Allan Senefelder of Mercenary Tailor. For the last three medieval fayre fundraisers that we have put on, Allan has supplied us with armour to destroy and to raffle off in support of our educational mission. We have never asked him to provide us with anything, he does so out of his own personal support for our mission and his own goodwill.

I wear a pair of his 16th century arms when I joust (I used to wear the greaves, but sold them to my squire earlier in the year) and have found them to be extremely protective and execeptionally well made. I have no qualms about either jousting or practicing WMA in any of Allan's armour and highly suggest it to my students.

At this last fayre, we ran a silent auction for the spangenhelm and the blued set of soupcan elbows and knees and found that it brought in significantly more than our raffles in the past.

Again, I want to thank a true gentleman and extremely honorable person.

Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
2000 World Jousting Champion
2004 World Jousting Bronze Medalist
Swordmaster
Super Proud Husband and Father!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I want to echo the sentiment about Allan Senefelder. He is truly a generous man who has time and time again gone above and beyond.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Matt Edwards

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
I want to echo the sentiment about Allan Senefelder. He is truly a generous man who has time and time again gone above and beyond.

I want to second this. i've ordered a couple things from Allan Senefelder and i plan on ordering more. And his prices are great for the quality he offers.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:

I couldn't agree more: He always puts himself in the shoes of the customer in anticipating their need to be kept informed about their orders. He delivers at the time promised or earlier and will stand behind his product and do his best to resolve any issues. ( Even when he could easily justify it as not his problem or fault. )

Having himself been on the receiving end of indifferent customer service he really knows how frustrating bad service can be and he himself goes the extra mile giving AAAAA+ service.

I guess you can all tell I'm a big fan and a many times repeat customer. Wink Big Grin

( Sorry, Allan, if I'm making you blush, but I mean everything I said here. Big Grin )

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
J. Bedell

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was poking around his site today and actually made an account there. Aside from the expected automated email response thanking me for making an account, I also recieved a personal email from him thanking me for looking at the site and offering his assistance if I have any trouble with it or questions about anything. I was surprised and delited to see that he takes such a personal interest in his customers. It truly is amazing at how dedicated he is to his customers and I have heard nothing but good things about him and his business. I really can't wait to get a buckler from him(I plan on getting one soon after christmas) and now after this post I really can't wait to shop at The Mercenary's Tailor.

Thanks Allan for being such a great businessman and gentleman!

-James

The pen may be mighter, but the sword is much more fun.
Matt Edwards

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: allan         Reply with quote

You cant forget the beautiful work he does. I plan on ordering the Anglo-Saxon Helm he offers. It looks like a piece of art. I asked him to reproduce a gothic cuisse he has in his originals gallery and he did such a amazing job on it. The fluting and medial ridge is perfect. It turned out much better then i ever hoped. I also ordered his espauliers and they fit like im wearing nothing at all. His gorgets look vary nice also and ill probaly get one of those also.
J. Bedell

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I definitely agree Matt! ALL of his work, is absolutely amazing looking. It has the price tag of production munitions grade armour, but it all looks like a custom work of art! And from what I hear the quality is top notch. I also agree about the anglo-saxon helm.....WOW!

-James

The pen may be mighter, but the sword is much more fun.

Last edited by J. Bedell on Mon 27 Nov, 2006 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geoff Wood

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have yet to buy anything from Mr Senefelder, but he has been a model of friendly politeness in our communications so far.
Geoff
Chris Last

Reading list: 8 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've been lucky enough to see Allan's work first hand, through, Lloyd's festivals and Albion's reselling. First rate stuff, and I hope to own a set of his 16th century arms in the future! Great guy all around and great armour!
" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
http://www.gsmbristol.org
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll also chime in with a few kudos thrown in Allans direction. When I was beginning the work on my 11th century kit Allan was very helpful. He made me a gift of a small anvil that has come in very handy in my mail work, as well as several other items that would have been difficult to obtain. I'm very grateful for his help and encouragement concerning that project.
Gordon Frye

Reading list: 15 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

And I'll be happy to add my own kudo's to the list of Allan's friends and customers! I've had him do several, er, unusual additions to armours that other vendors didn't quite get right, and Allan cheerfully and quite quickly "fixed" the problems. Plus I have his 16th Century style gorget, and my jousting partner has one of her own as well. They're good! And of course I have a set of his 16th Century arms: complete vambraces/couters/rerebraces and pauldrons fitted together as a unit, a la late-16th/early-17th Century practice. Here's a pic of me enjoying them! (One of the things he fixed was the gap-ossis between breastplate and pauldron: now there is no gap after he fitted sliding gussets to my breastplate!)

Allons!

Gordon

"After God, we owe our victory to our Horses"
Gonsalo Jimenez de Quesada
http://www.renaissancesoldier.com/
http://historypundit.blogspot.com/
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've ordered several pieces from him, and have been very happy with the work. It has been nice for me to own select pieces of armor which are in my price range.

Like other posters on this thread, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of communication, and willingness to provide quick suggestions whenever I had questions.

I will be a returning customer.
Steve Fabert

PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan has supplied me with numerous pieces of armor, all superbly executed. He even replaced a pair of Visby gauntlets that showed premature signs of wear, without charge. Great work and even better service.
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have two pieces that I bought from Allan – an Anglo-Saxon helm, and a Sallet. These pieces are excellently constructed. In the case of each purchase, Allan was a genuine pleasure to deal with. As mentioned above, his communication was excellent, and he “…goes the extra mile.” I guess the most sincere form of appreciation is repeat business, and I plan to do some more of that!
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
I have two pieces that I bought from Allan – an Anglo-Saxon helm, and a Sallet. These pieces are excellently constructed. In the case of each purchase, Allan was a genuine pleasure to deal with. As mentioned above, his communication was excellent, and he “…goes the extra mile.” I guess the most sincere form of appreciation is repeat business, and I plan to do some more of that!

And repeat business puts food on his table. Cool ( With the bonus that he can continue making toys for us. Wink )

I haven't purchased anything from him in a while but that is because I have most of what he makes already. Wink Laughing Out Loud

He does add new product regularly. By the way if you know of his stuff by surfing the Albion site it might be good to go directly to his own site since the Albion site hasn't been updated as to product in a while.

http://www.merctailor.com/index.php

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Matt Edwards

PostPosted: Sat 02 Dec, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: wow         Reply with quote

I just got the saxon helm from allan.....WOW. I freaking love it. Its much more then i was hoping for. And the liner is so comfy!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Allan Senefelder
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic