Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Status of Warrior/Filmswords Magazine? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Stephen Pearson

Reading list: 5 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 30 Aug, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Status of Warrior/Filmswords Magazine?         Reply with quote

First of all, I’d like to caveat this question by saying that I thought about asking Albion directly, but I thought the answer would be of interest to this community.

So, here goes…..

What’s the status of the second issue of the Warrior/Filmswords magazine? It’s been over a year since the last issue, and now with Albion’s Next Generation blades, I imagine that any articles you wrote 6-8 months ago on your swords will now be out of date. Can we expect it soon, or are you thinking of discontinuing it? The first issue was very well done and had excellent production values. Have you thought of shifting to less expensive and easier to produce format? That it might be possible to generate more issues more quickly.

Thanks for answering my questions, and I can’t wait to see the final versions of those new vikings! Big Grin

--Steve

The only situation a commander can know fully is his own: his opponent's he can know only from unreliable intelligence.
Clausewitz, On War
Stephen Pearson

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Fri 05 Sep, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"Bump"
I posted this question last Labor Day weekend when probably everybody was on vacation, and nobody was checking the board. So I thought I'd "bump" it back into the new posts category in the hopes of getting an answer.

Thanks!

--Steve

The only situation a commander can know fully is his own: his opponent's he can know only from unreliable intelligence.
Clausewitz, On War
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 05 Sep, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

An excellent question. It is almost at completion sitting in Howy’s computer. We’re still waiting on the Frazetta finished story, and a piece by Peter which is about a fascinating archaelogical dig and what was learned about ancient weapons from it. Some articles, such as those on Albion Mark will not have to be changed dramatically because they were written based on the future of the Albion Mark line, which is now coming to fruition, so it just won’t be as much of an advance notice type of story as it was originally intended.

That’s not all that’s slowing it down however. Issue #1 cost us almost $100,000 to release. It’s an amazingly costly venture, which we thought would pay itself back. But it didn’t. Our initial plan was to handle it all ourselves – so that it’s sort of like an Albion and Film Swords catalog as well. However, we are now looking into taking in outside advertising to keep the magazine up and running. Bottom line, we don’t have another $100,000 to put into it, since we didn’t get that or more out of it. So we have to have help getting it into print (the expensive part). I’m calling around to find advertisers now, and as soon as we have enough signed on to cover the portion of the printing costs that we don’t have, we’ll send it on to the printers, and get them out to you. It’s been frustrating for anyone who subscribed, and frustrating for us. We have this great stuff sitting on Howy’s computer, and can’t yet get it out to you. We’ll remain plugging away at it though, and are very appreciative of the patience all of the subscribers have shown. Thank you!

Mike Sigman
Albion Swords

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Status of Warrior/Filmswords Magazine?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic