Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Any recommendations for Darksword Armoury?? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Katie Neal

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Any recommendations for Darksword Armoury??         Reply with quote

Hey guys! any recommendations for Darksword Armoury?? there swords and stuff look basic and nice, there really cheap compared to other sword companies to. anyone bought or used one?

or have any input weather i should buy one or not?
Hugo Voisine

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I have handled some of their swords in the past, and they didn't impressed me much. The pommel are screwed and the overall construction isn't the best, the swords don't really feel "right" in the hand... But I suppose it depends on what you want to do with your sword. If it's just for display it may be all right . But for WMA or test-cutting it may not be proper.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There's much discussion on previous forum topics about this. I would recommend doing your research and searching for all the talk that's already happened.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Marc-Antoine Jean

PostPosted: Thu 12 Oct, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

the last lines of Darksword Armoury are really better that the ols ones. They now offers a limited warranty for the fencers. In the last renactment event someone from our training group bought one for less that 100$. For the price paid it is a good piece. But beware, some models are way too heavy but the 15th century models are qite good, for the price paid (less than 100$ in a ren fair) But, never forget, you will have what you will pay for, so 200$ for a sword is really cheap. In that case I recommend you to buy a Hanwei CAS Iberia sword, they are cheap but the quality of the blades is great, for its price of couse.

Personnaly I think I'll never buy one of these. I already have some great combat blades for training, shows and reenacment use. The next ones will be exact replicas of museum pieces.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Any recommendations for Darksword Armoury??
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic