Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Stuff: Specials, 1601, Price increase... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joshua Hemingway

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 01 Feb, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: New Stuff: Specials, 1601, Price increase...         Reply with quote

Hi All

Well some new stuff for you.

First; Specials page has a LOT on it. Over stock, Custom CF work, Backsword blades, Studio M...

See them here: http://www.allsaintsblades.com/specials.htm

A new 1601 Side Sword for the Compound hilt line:
http://www.allsaintsblades.com/atside.htm

Now the bad news.... Price increase.. ya I know. But prices have to go up a little for 2004, a whopping $14.50! WTF?!

Well thats it for now!

J. Hemingway
All Saints Blades
Chris Holzman

PostPosted: Mon 02 Feb, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New Stuff: Specials, 1601, Price increase...         Reply with quote

Joshua Hemingway wrote:
Hi All

Well some new stuff for you.

First; Specials page has a LOT on it. Over stock, Custom CF work, Backsword blades, Studio M...

See them here: http://www.allsaintsblades.com/specials.htm

A new 1601 Side Sword for the Compound hilt line:
http://www.allsaintsblades.com/atside.htm

Now the bad news.... Price increase.. ya I know. But prices have to go up a little for 2004, a whopping $14.50! WTF?!

Well thats it for now!

Hey Everyone... especially those of you out there who are new to swords and looking for something nice and solid, for cheap... Grab up the Studio M piece.. Aesthetically they're not in the Albion/Arms&Armor range, but they are hand forged of good steel, well heat treated, and for the money, a very good buy. They are made in Poland by a small 2 man operation. I have a sabre made by the same company, and its a bit rough to look at, but it *handles* the way a sabre should handle, which is a small miracle in the sabre repro market. I'd absolutely rather have the Studio M than any of the CAS pieces in similar price range..

Josh, I hope you can move the Studio M piece, if I weren't doing the starving law student thing now, I'd take it off your hands.

Chris

Chris Holzman
River City Fencing Club
Wichita, KS
Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Mon 02 Feb, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: I came, I saw, I cried. . .         Reply with quote

some great stuff on the specials page!

. . . and i understand a price increase for 2004 and all but. . .

$40 on the daggers Eek! i guess it must be a production cost time in the machines vs. same time producting swords thing or something, but I came home yesterday all excited because I figured my sales bonus for last month should about cover the dagger (daggers - i had just about talked myself into the fact that i was completely justified in spending $300 on daggers because i'm horribly indecisive and would just solve my problem the easy way) i've been drooling over for months Cry

oh, well. . . probably going to buy it anyway; it'll just take another week or two. . .

and you're right, Josh - less than fifteen bucks ain't bad at all!
David Lannon

PostPosted: Mon 02 Feb, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: AT1601         Reply with quote

Ok...Finally a Gus Trim sidesword with a little HEFT to it. I would like to see Christian get ahold of this blade and put the Venetian Hilt on it....oh...and a 4 band oxblood leather grip, and while I'm at it, tack on a thumb ring. I got to handle several of Nathans swords and I was amazed how much difference a thumb ring makes.

Oh and Josh that extra 14.50 is really going to eat into my diet Coke fund so I dunno.....Big Grin

Cheers

Dave

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun!!!!
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Mon 02 Feb, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well I couldn't resist any longer so I purchased the sidesword I actually slept on it yesterday and today finally said well I have to have it. So in a couple days Josh is mailing it out to me. Can't wait to get it.
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 03 Feb, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Eric Bergeron wrote:
Well I couldn't resist any longer so I purchased the sidesword I actually slept on it yesterday and today finally said well I have to have it. So in a couple days Josh is mailing it out to me. Can't wait to get it.

You slept on the sidesword? Dangerous and uncomfortable Eek!
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 03 Feb, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, at least it wasn't the fullered one.She's a bit persnickety, just like your neighborhood redhead. She bites....*g*

There's two other sideswords that aren't photo'd up yet......... {and yes, one of them has a 3/4 length fuller}

swords are fun
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Tue 03 Feb, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

hehe no I didn't slept on the sword, slept on the decision to buy it Happy

Roger Hooper wrote:
Eric Bergeron wrote:

You slept on the sidesword? Dangerous and uncomfortable Eek!
Robert Zamoida

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Tue 03 Feb, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
Well, at least it wasn't the fullered one.She's a bit persnickety, just like your neighborhood redhead. She bites....*g*

There's two other sideswords that aren't photo'd up yet......... {and yes, one of them has a 3/4 length fuller}

Hey, I like redheads! Wink

Rob Zamoida
"When your life is on the line, you want to make use of all your tools. No warrior should be willing to die with his swords at his sides, without having made use of his tools."
-Miyamoto Mushashi, Gorin no Sho
Joshua Hemingway

PostPosted: Tue 03 Feb, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: I came, I saw, I cried. . .         Reply with quote

Jonathon Janusz wrote:

$40 on the daggers Eek! i guess it must be a production cost time in the machines vs. same time producting swords thing or something, but I came home yesterday all excited because I figured my sales bonus for last month should about cover the dagger (daggers - i had just about talked myself into the fact that i was completely justified in spending $300 on daggers because i'm horribly indecisive and would just solve my problem the easy way) i've been drooling over for months Cry

Hi Jonathon

Ya I know sorry abought that Worried To be honest I was considering a jump even higher. You guessed it righ on abought the dagger costs, ther run almost the same as a full sword; Corres, Pommels, Hilt all the same work, blades not as much but still a lot for such a small item.

The only way we break even on them is I buy them 10 at a time from Gus, wich leaves some customers waiting a LONG (like 6 months) for them once ordered. By rasing prices I hope to be able to buy them in smaller batches and get them out faster (as well as make a $$ on them!).

Tell ya what tho; I have a 02 and a 03 in stock still I'll sell one or both to you at the old $155.00 price, let me know offer good for a few weeks Wink

Josh

J. Hemingway
All Saints Blades
Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Wed 04 Feb, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: bastard backsword         Reply with quote

Josh,

check you PM; i figured we should move this discussion off the board to keep the thread on topic.

another interesting point of note on the specials page - now i don't want to ruin my own chances of snatching up this piece or anything [hint to everybody wanting to help my checkbook out a little] but is my math off or does the bastard backsword have a Nelson Single Hand rating of about 5.03? Surprised

a quick little. . . [can't do it; must resist pun. . .]

EDIT: one last thing - Josh, you're the man. Don't let anyone tell you different.
Erin Burke

PostPosted: Wed 04 Feb, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: bastard backsword         Reply with quote

Jonathon Janusz wrote:
Josh,

check you PM; i figured we should move this discussion off the board to keep the thread on topic.

another interesting point of note on the specials page - now i don't want to ruin my own chances of snatching up this piece or anything [hint to everybody wanting to help my checkbook out a little] but is my math off or does the bastard backsword have a Nelson Single Hand rating of about 5.03? Surprised

a quick little. . . [can't do it; must resist pun. . .]

Stay away from that one Jonathon... I'm only gonna warn you once.Evil She's mine... just as soon as find somebody in need of this spare kidney.

Seriously though... that backsword feels awesome in hand.

efb
David Lannon

PostPosted: Thu 05 Feb, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yep, Y'all talked me into it. I just ordered the 1601 with the Venetian Hilt from Christian. God am I gonna be POOR!!!!
Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun!!!!
J. Padgett

PostPosted: Thu 05 Feb, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I like the look of the 1601, but what does Christian's Venetian Hilt look like? Just for my own edification you understand.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 05 Feb, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J. Padgett wrote:
I like the look of the 1601, but what does Christian's Venetian Hilt look like? Just for my own edification you understand.

Check it out: http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/photo/4235.html

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Tim Merritt

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

How's the pommel attached on the M? (Actually, how about the whole AT line? I just cruised the web site and did't see it--maybe I missed hilt construction section?)
Tim
Joshua Hemingway

PostPosted: Tue 10 Feb, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Tim

The studio M swords have a threaded nut, that snugs the pommel down.

Keep in mind the Studio M swords are NOT ATrim swords in any way shape or form.

Big Grin Ok, that said

Visit the sword dehilting page, it's prity much sums up the hilt and tang construction of a typical ATrim:

http://allsaintsblades.com/hilting.htm

J. Hemingway
All Saints Blades
Tim Merritt

PostPosted: Tue 10 Feb, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There it is--great! Thanks!
Tim
Jeremiah Swanger

PostPosted: Wed 25 Feb, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Question for Josh         Reply with quote

Josh,

Just a quick question- is there any chance you can post a new picture of the AT-1315? Most of the CF/ATrim pics are very nice, but that one (and that of the Condo, to an extent) in particular looks a lot more 'two-dimensional' than the others.

Have there been any updates in terms of hilt, grip, etc. since the CF line was adopted into All Saints?

Thanks,
Jeremiah

"Rhaegar fought nobly.
Rhaegar fought valiantly.
Rhaegar fought honorably.
And Rhaegar died."

- G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
Joshua Hemingway

PostPosted: Fri 27 Feb, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Jeremiah

Yes I can, gime a day or so and I'll re do it.

As for CF, he still offers all of his work. His custom limmited aditions are works of art, check his site out.

Josh

J. Hemingway
All Saints Blades

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Stuff: Specials, 1601, Price increase...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic