Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > American Del tin venders Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: American Del tin venders         Reply with quote

a friend of mine was looking for a del tin and wanted to know who are good reputable del tin venders here in the States? i know viking-shield.com carrys some of the viking ones, and art ewell has a outdated webpage but does anyone else carry all of them?
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

www.a-work-of-art.net Art Elwell's lineup may look outdated, but I think he carries everything. He also sells Lutels. Send him an email and he'll let you know what he has in stock and what is on the way.

There used to be a number of Del Tin Vendors in North America, but just about all of them dropped the line. Of course one can now order directly from the Del Tin website.
Allen Reed

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: American Del tin venders         Reply with quote

Chuck Russell wrote:
a friend of mine was looking for a del tin and wanted to know who are good reputable del tin venders here in the States? i know viking-shield.com carrys some of the viking ones, and art ewell has a outdated webpage but does anyone else carry all of them?

Scott Wilson at Darkwood Armory used to seel the Del Tin rapier and sidesword blades..

Allen
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: American Del tin venders         Reply with quote

Allen Reed wrote:
Chuck Russell wrote:

Scott Wilson at Darkwood Armory used to seel the Del Tin rapier and sidesword blades...

Similarly, Donnie Shearer of The Mad Piper used to use Del Tin blades for his basket hilts, though I can't find that reference on his website anymore.

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
David Wilson

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: American Del tin venders         Reply with quote

Quote:
Similarly, Donnie Shearer of The Mad Piper used to use Del Tin blades for his basket hilts, though I can't find that reference on his website anymore.

He refers to Del Tin in the middle of the opening page. To quote, "The blades I use are made by Del Tin a known producer of quality blades since the middle 1600's".

I didn't know Del Tin was around that long....

David K. Wilson, Jr.
Laird of Glencoe

Now available on Amazon: Franklin Posner's "Suburban Vampire: A Tale of the Human Condition -- With Vampires" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N7Y591
Arthur A. Elwell

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Thu 14 Sep, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: 1600's !!!         Reply with quote

He carries his age well !
Arthur A. Elwell
A Work Of Art
http://www.a-work-of-art.net
aelwell45@msn.com
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Fri 15 Sep, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: American Del tin venders         Reply with quote

David Wilson wrote:
Quote:

He refers to Del Tin in the middle of the opening page. To quote, "The blades I use are made by Del Tin a known producer of quality blades since the middle 1600's".

I didn't know Del Tin was around that long....

It sounds like someone is taking a little artistic license there. Wasn't Del Tin founded by Fulvio's father?

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > American Del tin venders
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic