Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > My weekend at the Bristol Faire...good times. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Kyle Wolf

PostPosted: Thu 17 Aug, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: My weekend at the Bristol Faire...good times.         Reply with quote

hey everyone.

I just got my pictures developed from the Bristol Faire for the Aug 13th-14th weekend. tell ya what, it was really a pleasant experience. I picked up a new blade that was really is rough condition and now it looks pretty darn good for the money.

Overall the jousting is better than it had been in recent years and is really enjoyable. Moonie the magnificent is fantastic and ususal. the beer is great and ended up spending a great deal of the day consuming those Big Grin Razz I had a chance to talk to Mr. David Peck and Mr. Chris Last. Here are some pics for fun.

Me and a wench...no offense to her, she was very nice.

an Odd little number. a plant lady...no talking but very animated, it was a lot of fun to watch

This is Chris Last and myself. I am on your right and him on the left, I have my MS1503 and Hanwei 2003GT

Here me and David Peck is infront of the Arms and Armor display...it made my heart hurt to leave that GBS laying there in the back...

This is just me in my costume

My knight for the jousting...he lost...kinda...

an odd puppeteer with the cutest marionette

Well I hope everyone enjoyed the pictures of the faire. it really was a great time. I recommend the beer...all of it Happy but you can skip the meade...it was...different...anyways. cheers. and enjoy.

Kyle

a sword is not a sword, it is an extention of your body, as should anything you love ~me
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Thu 17 Aug, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Kyle,

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself there! Bristol is one of my favorites though sadly I doubt I'll make it there this year (though I am going to the Michigan faire next month. If you like Bristol, you'll enjoy Michigan just as much!). My last trip to Bristol was in 2004. Since I live in Ohio, it's quite a trek to get there but is always worth it. If not for the Bristol Renfaire, I would not have been aquainted with Arms & Armor; I bought my Schloss Erbach from them at Bristol in 2000 and my Tudor dagger in '02 (what fond memories!).

Oh, and you're right about the beer. Big Grin Might I recommend Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss (the other of my guilty pleasures I first discovered at Bristol; the first being A&A). Moonie is hysterical! I wish he'd come to the Ohio faire.

I could go on and on. When you try to reminisce and type at the same time, you tend to put all your thoughts in your typing resulting in an overly-long post Confused . Thanks for posting those pictures! -Ted

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Kyle Wolf

PostPosted: Thu 17 Aug, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yeah it really is fantastic. if it wasn't for me being set on the Town Guard, I would have taken home either the A&A GBS or the Bohemien. I didn't try the berry weiss, not a fan of the wheat beers, but I did try Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark, along with some fosters, hardcore cider, the honey meade, something I cant remember, and a newcastle...all were delicious. Happy yum
a sword is not a sword, it is an extention of your body, as should anything you love ~me
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 17 Aug, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like A&A must have done a pretty good job selling stuff.

When I was there a few years back they had more stock.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Chris Last

Reading list: 8 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 18 Aug, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kyle-

It was great meeting you and your father! Unfortunately we were down in numbers that weekend so I couldn't spend more time chatting and stuff. I'm glad you had a good time, hopefully we'll be able to keep the weapons enthusiasts happy between the A&A booth and our camp.

Best-

Chris

" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
http://www.gsmbristol.org

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > My weekend at the Bristol Faire...good times.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic