Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Maestro Line Preview! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Maestro Line Preview!         Reply with quote

Ladies and Gents,

The first photos of Albion's Maestro line Liechtenauer are now online! Check them out: http://www.thearma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21940
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jul, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

No one has anything to say about this? Question
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's only been a bit more than six hours.. please be patient.

My comment on it since you asked: I don't like posts that simply steer people elsewhere. I'd prefer topics not make our members jump through hoops to get the info. I'd rather have the info brought here so that a conversion can ensue. Without this, it's not a surprise to me that there are no responses, as the first post isn't encouraging a discussion but simply acting as a pointer.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jonathan Blair

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Maestro Line Preview!         Reply with quote

Craig Peters wrote:
Ladies and Gents,

The first photos of Albion's Maestro line Liechtenauer are now online! Check them out: http://www.thearma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21940

Actually, the photos shown are not claimed as the Liechtenauer at all according to John Clements' post dated Tueday, July 18, 2006 2:38 pm in that same forum topic. The topic ranges from the testing of the Albion Liechtenauer, which is not shown, to the introduction of a federschwert produced by another company whose name Mr. Clements withheld by request. The photos might be of this unnamed company's federschwerts rather than the Albion.

Besides, I find it hard to imagine that Albion wouldn't have at least a teaser pic on their website if they were releasing pics to ARMA or anyone else of the prototype.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." - The Lord Jesus Christ, from The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, chapter x, verse 34, Authorized Version of 1611
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Maestro Line Preview!         Reply with quote

Jonathan Blair wrote:
Craig Peters wrote:
Ladies and Gents,

Actually, the photos shown are not claimed as the Liechtenauer at all according to John Clements' post dated Tueday, July 18, 2006 2:38 pm in that same forum topic. The topic ranges from the testing of the Albion Liechtenauer, which is not shown, to the introduction of a federschwert produced by another company whose name Mr. Clements withheld by request. The photos might be of this unnamed company's federschwerts rather than the Albion.

Besides, I find it hard to imagine that Albion wouldn't have at least a teaser pic on their website if they were releasing pics to ARMA or anyone else of the prototype.

Actually Jonathan, the initial post indicates that the Maestro Liechtenauer's were tried out, and John also makes reference to "federschwert" being used in a later post. However, the company who's name is withheld by request is Albion. If you cross reference Aaron's and John's posts, you'll see that Aaron mentions testing the Maestro line at the blade show, and John states "They were designed from actual existing surviving specimens of practice swords and entirely blew away any similiar practice swords I have handled". Who else's work could it be? And why else would he write a post and included photos of some other company's sword in a thread entitled "Testing Albion's Maestro Line/ Atlanta Blade Show"? Moreover, the swords look like the Liechteanuer. They've got scent stopper pommels as the Liechtenauer does, the grip length and shape is similar to the Liechtenauer, and the leather wrap looks like Albion's stuff too.
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

They really look's cool, like that raw style on them and mr Clements seem's like them to, right tool for right guy. Happy
Eek! who ever now have manufacturing them! Razz

Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik
Jonathan Blair

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Maestro Line Preview!         Reply with quote

Craig Peters wrote:
Actually Jonathan, the initial post indicates that the Maestro Liechtenauer's were tried out, and John also makes reference to "federschwert" being used in a later post. However, the company who's name is withheld by request is Albion. If you cross reference Aaron's and John's posts, you'll see that Aaron mentions testing the Maestro line at the blade show, and John states "They were designed from actual existing surviving specimens of practice swords and entirely blew away any similiar practice swords I have handled". Who else's work could it be? And why else would he write a post and included photos of some other company's sword in a thread entitled "Testing Albion's Maestro Line/ Atlanta Blade Show"?

I quote Mr. Clements first post in that topic:
Quote:
In related news, Aaron Pynenberg from Appleton, WI, and I gave an hour presentation on "Renaissance Swords: Form & Function," and in a demo of longsword plays, were able to utilize some test models of new “Federschwert” practice swords being produced by [NAME WITHHELD BY REQUEST] company.

Emphasis is mine. There is a thing called hijacking; it's where the original topic is departed from. I also quote Mr. Clements again:
Quote:
I've never said who manufacturing these.

It may be Albion, it may be another company, but the fact is that if the head of ARMA won't admit that these are Albion's Lichtenauers, and nothing is extant on Albion's site yet, why should I accept as absolute fact that these are Albion's Lichtenauers? Now both Mr. Clements and several people from Albion could chime in and either confirm or deny the reports. I don't think this is likely to happen since imho I think the original poster may have spilt the beans without the approval of Albion, which may explain why Mr. Clements chose to state that the company asked to have their name withheld. I don't know for certain.

I'm not saying it is or it isn't Albion's long awaited Lichtenauer. I'm just saying I'm willing to wait until Albion confirms it before beginning to salivate. Big Grin

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." - The Lord Jesus Christ, from The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, chapter x, verse 34, Authorized Version of 1611
Pamela Muir

Reading list: 34 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Maestro Line Preview!         Reply with quote

Jonathan Blair wrote:

I'm not saying it is or it isn't Albion's long awaited Lichtenauer. I'm just saying I'm willing to wait until Albion confirms it before beginning to salivate. Big Grin

Absolutely! I'm trying hard to be patient. I placed my order within the week that the Maestro line was first announced. But I trust Albion will release these only when they are up to the usual Albion standards. Cool I believe that I'll be the envy of my classmates when my Lichtenauer finally appears. Big Grin

Pamela Muir

Founder/Lead Instructor
Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts

"I need a hero. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong, And he's gotta be fast, And he's gotta be fresh from the fight." ~Steinman/Pitchford
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Folks,
Let's not let this derail further into a he said-he said argument that includes precious little in the way of facts. Is it so bad to wait for manufacturers to announce things when they're ready?

The bottom line is that we don't know for sure that they're Albion's and no one official is naming names. If they are Albion Maestro swords, they're not final versions:

Quote:
These swords, (which were not the final product yet) were pure joy for us

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Pamela Muir

Reading list: 34 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Folks,
Let's not let this derail further into a he said-he said argument that includes precious little in the way of facts. Is it so bad to wait for manufacturers to announce things when they're ready?

The bottom line is that we don't know for sure that they're Albion's and no one official is naming names.

Oh, dear. I hope what I posted didn't come out that way. Worried I was trying to say that I am willing to wait for Albion's announcement whenever it happens and that I'll be excited then. In other words, I agree with you, Chad. Happy

Pamela Muir

Founder/Lead Instructor
Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts

"I need a hero. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong, And he's gotta be fast, And he's gotta be fresh from the fight." ~Steinman/Pitchford
Scott Hanson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi all, new member here.

I was at the testing of the Maestro line by ARMA Appleton, though unfortunately couldn't make the Blade show, so I can at least confirm that those were two completely separate events. I can also confirm that the Maestro line is shaping up to be an excellent line of products, as I'm sure everyone would have guessed.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Maestro Line Preview!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic