Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Wanted: American Swords, the series... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Martin Wallgren

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Wanted: American Swords, the series...         Reply with quote

Sitting here at work having almost nothing to do exept glaring bored at the television, I´m working at a support institution for handicaped during the summer, I am bombarded with series on Discovery Channel. American Hot Rods, American Choppers and so forth. Why is there not a series on American Swords where I can follow the hardships and joys of my favourite craftspeople in the world?

See it before your eyes. The process form Eric and Peter are in Stockholm or Brandenburg or wherever digging through old armouries. Back in Wisconsin Mike is answering e-mails until his fingers bleed and his ears are sore from all the calls. Amy and Howard are discussing future plans and all the crew is slaving away at the grinders and hammers.

That is what I would call a realityshow...

Mmm...

Take care all! and enjoy the rest of the summer, I have my vacation in a week and will be in a sunny spot far far away.

Martin

Swordsman, Archer and Dad
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I know what you mean. Whenever I turn on the History channel it is something about WWII or the Space Race or JFK or the evolution of various pieces of construction equipment. Not that these shows aren't sometimes interesting, but, common, quite a bit happened before Pearl Harbor, lets see some of that.

Kenton
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I agree. The Military Channel could be a lot more than it is., as well (same for the History Channel) WWII and the following conflicts may be the best documented on film, but there are others aspects of military history that merit their own shows!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Wanted: American Swords, the series...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic