Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Greetings! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Tristan Waddington
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jan, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Greetings!         Reply with quote

Well, I registered at the forums a few weeks back and have still neglected to make a post so I thought I'd better introduce myself. My name is Tristan Waddington, I live just outside of New Glarus, Wisconsin and have the unique and wonderful experience of working at Albion Armorers. A few summers ago I was looking for a job to get some extra spending money. I have always been a fan of Dungeons and Dragons, Medieval Times, and even Olympic Fencing. I had heard that a sword Manufacturer by the name of Albion had moved into New Glarus so I debated for a while and eventually contacted them. Lo and Behold I had received a job in their shipping department! I had the unique ability to handle (and play with) all the completed works of art and get to know the great people there. I returned this summer and was transferred to the cutlery shop under the excellent instruction of Eric McHugh and subjected to the antics of Kevin Iseli. Since then I've been learning as much as I can of the trade, and putting a little money aside for an Albion NG of my own Wink . It's been a completely unique experience that I would not give up for the world. I'll probably be lurking around the forums mostly, but I thought I'd introduce myself to all the members.
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -Bruce Cambell as Ash in Evil Dead: Army of Darkness
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome, Tristan! I guess there's about 700 people out there who would like to change places with you... Wink
My sword site
Norman E. Kidd

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tristan,

Welcome to the forum. As you can see, I have been on SFI for a while but just started checking out this forum. It is a great place to meet and talk with interesting people that have great knowledge about armour, swords and just about anything you venture to put on the forum. Hope you have a great time!

Norman E. Kidd
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello and welcome Tristan,
Ahh! a man on the inside! Idea
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Interesting post Tristan.

Might be intersting if you did a post in the future that talked about "A day in the life of an apprentice". Your experiences are liekly something most of of fantasize about, at least once in a while.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Tristan Waddington
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
Hello and welcome Tristan,
Ahh! a man on the inside! Idea

LOL, well it's good to be here. Jason was just ribbing me out for not mentioning him in my original post. I don't have a collection of swords as of yet. I have some cheap wall hangers but that's about it. The "best" Eek! sword I have is a StarFire short sword which I got at the local ren-faire. I've gotten kind of spoiled working at Albion, I don't think I'll ever look at another sword the same way again. Lately I've been eyeing the Clontarf. Man that thing handles like a dream, it has got to be my favorite NG Viking right now. I'll definitely try to absorb everything I can while I'm at the forums here.

"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -Bruce Cambell as Ash in Evil Dead: Army of Darkness
Tristan Waddington
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jan, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Interesting post Tristan.

Might be intersting if you did a post in the future that talked about "A day in the life of an apprentice". Your experiences are liekly something most of of fantasize about, at least once in a while.

Heh... I wouldn't doubt it. My talents as an artist don't come close to the experts at Albion, but I'm good enough to get by and I learn more every day. I pretty much work on everything that the other Cutlers do. Mostly we've been working with the NG Vikings as of late. I do the grips, the hilt components, finishing touches, cleaning the shop etc. I'm only part-time after school though, so it's mostly Eric, Kevin, and Mark (When he needs a break from FilmSwords) working in the Cutlery shop during the day.

Geoff Wood

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jan, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Tristan
It is always good to here someone who's doing a job that they enjoy. I've been in that lucky situation a few times and it sticks with you through all the other stuff that life can throw.
Geoff

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Greetings!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic