Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Morro Bay Sword Gathering Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
E.B. Erickson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 30 May, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Morro Bay Sword Gathering         Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
For the last few years Ben Sweet and I have gotten together in Morro Bay, Calif. for an informal sword meeting. This year we decided to make it easier for others to attend by having it on a weekend instead of midweek.

When: Sunday ,June 25. Beginning around 12PM and ending whenever everyone leaves.
Where: The Harbor Hut on the waterfront in Morro Bay. Morro Bay is very small, so once you exit PCH, just head for the Pacific Ocean. The Harbor Hut is along the waterfront road, down towards Morro Rock. If you arrive around 12, we'll probably be eating lunch, so just go into the Harbor Hut and look for nefarious characters. Arriving later will make us easier to find, as we'll be standing around cars looking at swords in the parking lot!

Bring whatever you want in the way of edged weapons, both antique and modern. I'll probably dig a box of antiques out of storage for people to examine.

For those of you in Ca. that haven't been to Morro Bay, it's about 5 hours N. of the LA area, 2 hours N. from Santa Barbara, 2-3 hours S. of the Bay Area. Coming from the South, leave the 101 in San Luis Obispo at the PCH exit. Head North, and PCH runs along the outskirts of Morro Bay. There's only 2 exits into Morro Bay, and both will get you to the waterfront easily.

From the Bay Area, take 101 S. to San Luis Obispo, then proceed as above. Or, if you've got the time, take PCH along the coast and through the Big Sur. Or, there's a shortcut off the 101 in Atascadero; just take the Morro Bay exit and you'll end up on Main Street in Morro Bay.

--ElJay
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Tue 30 May, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll have a seat for 1 person (wife will stay home holding down the fort)... so if anyone is driving down from S.F - S.J or someplace else of distance then you are welcome to meet me in Salinas and you can ride with me to Morro Bay and back...must sign a passenger waiver, and be free of heart conditions or panic attacks and if you get motion sickness a barf bag must be tied at all times around your head Laughing Out Loud

See you there ElJay!
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Wed 31 May, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I live in Mountain View and would love to attend. I'll bring a couple of my pieces with me.

Bryce Felperin

Bryce Felperin
Member of the Autonomous Collective
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jun, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Closing in on the date..

Bryce If you want to follow me down shoot me a p.m or email me at infraredcoupe@gmail.com

Just eye candy that will be there...

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Morro Bay Sword Gathering
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic