Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Question on Albion's lines. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeremy Scott Steimel

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jan, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Question on Albion's lines.         Reply with quote

Greets all -- first post on myArmoury. Been at "the other place" for a good 7 years or so, but I think I've found a new home. Wink

I was going over Albion's new additions to the NG line (the Sempach is calling me so very strongly; why must it be 9 months away), and I couldn't help but begin to think that the NG line is growing quite large. I guess this is more of a question for the Albion folk or those close to them: Are there plans to phase away the FG swords once the NG line has grown and is in full production mode? I love what I've seen of the NG line so far, although I would be saddened if I missed my chance to order a few FG models I've long eyed (Crecy, Riding sword, and the Rouen, in particular). Again, I'd have no real complaints as the NG line has me quite moist at the mouth, and the only reason I haven't ordered the above three yet is due to money-constraining (but well worth it) custom orders. I guess I'm really just curious how high on my priority list I should put a few FG models.

Anticipating the redesign of the Trafalgar and glad to be aboard,
-Jeremy Steimel

Dum spiro, spero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gary Venable

Reading list: 16 books

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jan, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My (limited) understanding is that Albion is going to continue to make the first generation swords and market them through third parties like Christian Fletcher http://www.christianfletcher.com, Viking Shield http://www.viking-shield.com/, and others.
Gary
Brian M

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jan, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I believe Mike (Albion's customer service) said that they had FG production down pat, so continuing to produce FG swords (marketed through 3rd parties) while developing and producing NG swords is no big deal.
I own a NG Gaddhjalt, and I can say that the anticipation is deserved. I have reserved a NG Knight and NG Baron, and when those are paid for I will probably order more. I am admittedly biased, but my personal opinion is: if you have the coin to be thinking about buying a FG, I would instead put that money toward reserving a NG. Not that a FG isn't a great sword at the price, but I think the NG is just that much better. More choices and better features like a non-threaded, hot peened tang.

Regards,
Brian M
Stephen A. Fisher

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jan, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on Albion's lines.         Reply with quote

Jeremy Scott Steimel wrote:
Greets all -- first post on myArmoury. Been at "the other place" for a good 7 years or so, but I think I've found a new home. Wink

I was going over Albion's new additions to the NG line (the Sempach is calling me so very strongly; why must it be 9 months away), and I couldn't help but begin to think that the NG line is growing quite large. I guess this is more of a question for the Albion folk or those close to them: Are there plans to phase away the FG swords once the NG line has grown and is in full production mode? I love what I've seen of the NG line so far, although I would be saddened if I missed my chance to order a few FG models I've long eyed (Crecy, Riding sword, and the Rouen, in particular). Again, I'd have no real complaints as the NG line has me quite moist at the mouth, and the only reason I haven't ordered the above three yet is due to money-constraining (but well worth it) custom orders. I guess I'm really just curious how high on my priority list I should put a few FG models.

Anticipating the redesign of the Trafalgar and glad to be aboard,
-Jeremy Steimel

Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to myArmoury.com! I too am awaiting the arrival of the British naval cutlass. It's going to be nice.

Stephen
Glen S. Ramsay

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jan, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Jeremy!

Like you, I would hate to see the "lower price range" first gen swords phased out, as they are still beautiful swords at a more reachable price for many of us. I have ordered a Riding Sword through Christian Fletcher (had to get one of his historical scabbards!), so I will have at least one of those swords to call my own! The Riding Sword is limited to 25, by the way, so even if the first gen swords are not discontinued, this one eventually will be (so if you want one, maybe put it on the top of your list - just something to consider!)
Here is a link to a thread I started to show off my sword Big Grin : http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=7155#7155
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jan, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey guys~

Here is a post that Amy made a while ago on Netsword. This should help explain...

We will continue to make the First Gen, however we won't be selling them directly. Those will all be sold exclusively by a number of pre-chosen vendors. This change-over will take place when the Next Gen version is released, which allows the First Gen version to move to the retailers. The full line will be available at any of these places, except for the Viking Line which is exclusive to Viking Shield.

We've finalized deals with Ancient Edge, Christian Fletcher, Medieval Weaponry and Viking Shield.

Admittedly there was some debate on this. But we wound up getting so many mails from people asking us not to discontinue the First Gen that we chose this route. It's actually rather exciting! :-)

Mike Sigman
Albion Swords

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Question on Albion's lines.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic