Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Please help me ID this sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jennifer Boulden

PostPosted: Tue 16 May, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Please help me ID this sword         Reply with quote

Ok, this is my fourth attempt to post this message Confused

My father gave me two swords a long time ago, both of which he purchased in London in the early 70's for about $500 (Each? I dont know). Apparently they are really old, the blades where made in Spain and the handles where attached in England. There are also markings that the smith who assembled them supposedly stamped into the handles. Oh, and they where supposedly used in battle.

My father was wealthy at the time, which I am unfortionatly not. He basically purshased them to hang on his wall back in the 70's. Anyways, these have been rusting in my garage for years and I'm just tired of not knowing anything more about them, or if they are even worth keeping.

I'm sorry if this is not the place to post such a request. I'm just at a loss as to where I should go to find out such information, and/or if it's even worth looking in to. I don't know if these are worth anything, worth keeping around or if the are a dim a dozen. All I know is I have been looking around on the web and have not been able to find anything similar.

Please help. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment: 11.65 KB
whole.JPG

Attachment: 12.27 KB
Markings.JPG

Attachment: 25.16 KB
Hilt.JPG

redwoodbelly
GG Osborne

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 16 May, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Sword ID         Reply with quote

This is most likely an Indo-Pakistani calvary sword of early to mid-19th century extraction. Could very well be a Sikh sword as their religion makes a cult object of the steel sword. I could not speculate on value Hope this helps a bit.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 17 May, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like and Indo-Persian firangi (means foreigner I think). These were typically made using imported old European blades that were riveted to the hitl at the base of the blade.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Please help me ID this sword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic