Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Happy April Fools Day! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Happy April Fools Day!         Reply with quote

Albion is at it again! Great stuff guys! My first reaction (before I realized the date) was D'OH! Laughing Out Loud

I also had no idea that a steady diet of cigarettes and beer would make one so buff, but Hollywood calls... Razz

Now to work on the dance of the Regent...

http://www.albion-swords.com/albion-sword-news.htm

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow
Ken Rankin

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy April Fools Day!         Reply with quote

Steve Maly wrote:
Albion is at it again! Great stuff guys!

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!! I laughed myself stupid Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud

Ken
Alexander Hinman

Reading list: 50 books

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I particularly like 'Professor Montant Taureaumerde'.

And, of course, the man being hit in the face with a lily. That made my week.
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy April Fools Day!         Reply with quote

Steve Maly wrote:
...I also had no idea that a steady diet of cigarettes and beer would make one so buff, but Hollywood calls... Razz

Don't know what Steve Maly's looking at, but this Steve is noticing that Mike's wife is HOT! Big Grin

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy April Fools Day!         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Steve Maly wrote:
...I also had no idea that a steady diet of cigarettes and beer would make one so buff, but Hollywood calls... Razz

Don't know what Steve Maly's looking at, but this Steve is noticing that Mike's wife is HOT! Big Grin

LOL!

Sorry Steve, I'm sure that's just one of a long line of supermodel babes in Mike's past! Laughing Out Loud

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow
Joshua Reptsik

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I felt my bowels go to water and exclaimed"That can't be! I haven't gotten my order yet!!!"......yeah, I'm a bit gullable. The article was great. Thanks for the laugh, Albion.
Ryan A. C.

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The entire thing was hysterical but making a messer a lily… I cried, I just laughed so hard I actually cried.

Thanks guys
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Now if they really wanted to FOOL US they would post something like this on the first of June or something and write
April's Fool in really small type at the end: Might have the unfortunate side effect of a lot of people cancelling their orders. Razz

O.K. that is my April's fool joke right back at you. Razz Laughing Out Loud

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Greyson Brown

Reading list: 15 books

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The part that killed me was that I read that article at 2300 (or 11 PM if you prefer) on 31 March . And I'm in Germany, 8 hours (normally only 7, but we set our clocks ahead last weekend, and you guys do so this weekend) ahead of Wisconsin! WTF?!

Quote:
in the prestigious Journal Archéologie Poisson d'Avril, prominent archaeologist and chair of Ancient Studies at the Academie de Niaiserie in Paris, Professor Emeritus Montant Taureaumerde...

Translation (to the best of my non-French speaking ability): in the prestigious Journal of Archaeology of the April Fools Joke, prominent archeaologist and chair of Ancient Studies at the Academy of Silliness in Paris, Professor Emeritus Mountain of Bull[pucky]... Laughing Out Loud

After I caught that sentance, I was in no way surprised to see the "original" execution of the Amalekite! Eek!

-Grey

BTW, Jean, I liked the new Albion the Armored Cat picture this year! Cool

"So long as I can keep the path of honor I am well content."
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company
W. Schütz
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Messer-manuscripts with lilys has got some real Monty Python-feel to it - nice to see the old, great and dry humor never evaporates.
Bonnie Sigman

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Happy April Fools Day!         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Steve Maly wrote:

Hehe.....why thank you.....it's nice to know that after 4 kids I still got it!! Laughing Out Loud
Poor Michael tho has gone down hill a bit..... Wink
He needs a Rum and Coke in his hand Eek!
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Happy April Fools Day!         Reply with quote

Bonnie Sigman wrote:
Steve Grisetti wrote:
Steve Maly wrote:

Hehe.....why thank you.....it's nice to know that after 4 kids I still got it!! Laughing Out Loud
Poor Michael tho has gone down hill a bit..... Wink
He needs a Rum and Coke in his hand Eek!
If Mike is the one that has gone down hill, maybe you need the rum and Coke? Laughing Out Loud I must admit that, in my household, it's my wife that could justify a drink, not me, since it looks more like I had our three kids, rather than she Eek! .
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Matthew K. Shea

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Greyson Brown wrote:
Translation (to the best of my non-French speaking ability): in the prestigious Journal of Archaeology of the April Fools Joke, prominent archeaologist and chair of Ancient Studies at the Academy of Silliness in Paris, Professor Emeritus Mountain of Bull[pucky]... Laughing Out Loud

I'm not sure what you consider not able to speak a language, Greyson, 'cause you have the translation down pat Wink

And I've got to say my favourite part of the article had to be the "original" Bayeux Tapestry. Gotta love the image of mail-clad men running around & blowing each other away with semi-automatics Laughing Out Loud All in all, yet another quality product from Albion Razz

Proud member of the Academy Of European Medieval Martial Arts.

"Those who live by the sword live a good, long time!"
~Minsc, in Baldur's Gate II
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the laugh guys! Razz I was especially intrigued to learn about King Harold's actual death by a semi-automatic "handgonne." Laughing Out Loud

Oh BTW, don't forget to set your clocks forward.

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Happy April Fools Day!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic