Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > looking for a blade Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chris Olsen

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: looking for a blade         Reply with quote

hello, I recently loaned out a sword to a person to use in a stage production they were doing, to make a long story short my two handed sword is now in three pieces Mad . My former friend denies knowing how this happened but that is not the point in this post. What I am looking for is a place to buy a new sword blade blank. Yes I could just as easily bring it to the folks who made the sword (they are reputable, and would very willingly replace my blade for a price including but not limited to large amounts of soda) but this gives me an excuse to try my hand at finishing my own blade.

so the question: where can I find a place that makes economically priced unfinished blades? I have access to the necessary tools to finish it.
Matt G

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the myArmoury.com forums. You could try Atlanta Cutlery. They've got some older Del Tin blades for sale.

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...ht=atlanta

"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today."

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)
Alexander Ren

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Also keep an eye on Albion's moat. They have a couple of Del Tin blades as well, though not as many a Atlanta Cutlery. There are some neat DIY oppertunities that show up on the moat every now and then. I bought one of their axe heads and am in the process of working on the edge and mounting it. http://www.albion-swords.com/moat.htm

Alex
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > looking for a blade
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic