Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Looking Forward to the Albion Vassal Sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Looking Forward to the Albion Vassal Sword         Reply with quote

Since I've invested a lot of money in swords and medieval weaponry the last 7 months I had to clear things with my wife and to my delight after seeing the sketch she gave me the OK for later on but not right now. Although the sword is not in production yet, I am sure the waiting list has started, but I have to wait a couple months before I can secure my place in the list. We've got some good financial things to happen this year, just a matter of when, but when that happens or near that time, I am sure going to secure my place on the list for the Vassal.

Just seeing the sketch by Peter Johnsson and looking at the measurements, I am in love with the Vassal, this is going to be one very awesome sword and in the "want" department the Albion Vassal is a "Must Have Sword"! I got to have this sword! Got To! I don't care what it takes, I am going to find a way to buy that sword! Laughing Out Loud

Very Excited!

Bob
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob;

Maybe you could E-Mail Mike at Albion and ask him how many months out before the Vassal goes to production: If it will only be available months after you estimate you will have available funds you might consider getting your order in soon just to be sure you get one. Only 100 will be made and it may be a popular model ? Not sure about how high the risk is of all the 100 being spoken for ? Like I said just ask Mike and he should be able to give you some advice about when you should put in your order. ( If this is your first Albion purchase Mike gives very good customer service and is a pleasure to deal with. )

Seems like this one is going to be very different / special. Cool Big Grin

In any case hope you eventual get your hand on one. Wink

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Big Grin I did that last night, sent Mike an email with all my questions!

Bob
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob;

As we all know the consequences of that first tentative " just questions " E-Mail is the first step on the slippery slope of placing an order: You are DOOOOOOOMED ....... Almost impossible to go back now. Razz ( Razz in a friendly way: Been there, done that many many times Exclamation Laughing Out Loud )

Bob Burns

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud Oh I Got To HAVE that Sword Exclamation I just cannot do a down payment for a couple of months, but I have every intention of buying the Vassal. Although, your post was funny and I did crack up a might!

I guess I am going to have to make another sword rack. Laughing Out Loud

Bob
W. R. Reynolds

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Have to agree with Jean about your fate. I started asking a few simple questions about the Ringeck and guess what happened? It will be my first Albion sword and now I have to go through the agony of waiting.
Bill

"No matter who wins the rat race.......they are still a rat."
Andy Bain

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob, I don't know about the other 99. But there's one Vassal that has my name on it. Happy
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Alright, now your making me sweat WTF?! Laughing Out Loud ! Because it won't be until about the last of March that I can put a down payment on one, but I have got to have this sword! GOT TO!! This is going to be one very fantastic sword and it's going to be my 1st Albion and what a gem it will be!

Chomping at the Bit!

Bob
Thomas Hoogendam

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Bob;

As we all know the consequences of that first tentative " just questions " E-Mail is the first step on the slippery slope of placing an order: You are DOOOOOOOMED ....... Almost impossible to go back now. Razz ( Razz in a friendly way: Been there, done that many many times Exclamation Laughing Out Loud )

Yeah, I remember that. Mailed Mike to ask if there were enough Knights left incase I wanted to order one.

Few months later it was haning on my wall.

Still trying to figure out how that happened. Wink

Back in topic though: Yeah, the Vasal looks like it's going to be great. I wish I had the funds available to put down a payment, but alas.....

If you get one Bob, make sure to tell us all what you think of it, even though it's going to take a while before it comes out.
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Will do Thomas! First I have to come up with the down payment and I won't be able to do that until March sometime, so I sure hope the list is still open by then! I really want this sword badly, all I had to do was take a good look at the sketch, which I did yesterday and whammo I was hooked! This is one seriously vicious looking sword that is 100% business!
I was thrilled when my wife gave me the OK on it, but not right now, which of course I already knew that, responsibilities to take care of first of course. But the minute I get the funds I am putting in my down payment on this beauty!

Bob
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Does your wife have a younger sister? Just kidding, of course.

Good luck with the vassal, hopefully you will be able to get your hands on one. You gotta make a down payment on a digital camera too. Your collection is getting pretty sweet. Of course we're going to need a picture of that Albion surrounded by all those Arms and Armor pieces.

Good luck,

Kenton
Jeremy G

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the Vassal...I really have wanted it since day one! I've been asking questions about it in the past and there's a thread around here somewhere that Peter Johnsson replied to with some great info on this beauty. My wife is understanding of my hobby, but she won't let me plunck down cash on it since it's not in production yet. I think I may have to "go around" and put a downpayment in so I can get in queue.
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you so much Kenton for your very kind comments of my collection! Yes I will treasure the Vassal and I've wanted to get my 1st Albion for a long time, just wish I had the money to match my taste, but I am willing to make sacrifices in order to get the Vassal, this sword is just plain worth it! Even my wife was impressed by just looking at the sketch, the whole shape of the blade is one very powerful presence, I think this sword is going to be a red hot item to buy, I know I'm blown away with it!

Bob
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Andy Bain wrote:
Bob, I don't know about the other 99. But there's one Vassal that has my name on it. Happy

One has my name on it, too.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Andy Bain wrote:

That makes 3 of us.....better hurray, Bob!!!
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Andy Bain wrote:

Man, mine has your guys's name on it too. Now I'm going have to change my order. Razz

I love the look of the Vassal, and it was tough choice, but I don't think I'm going to go for that particular model compared to certain other ones (like the messers!).

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am going to get my down payment on one of those 100 Vassals as soon as possible and I know I will be on the list because this sword was meant for me! Laughing Out Loud Looks like I am going to be sweating it for a few weeks. Worried

Bob
Andy Bain

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Andy Bain wrote:

Nathan, I guess you won't be needing mine for a review then. Which means the sword will be in my hands all the quicker. Happy

Don't worry Bob. If you miss out we'll be sure to post lots and lots of pics for you to drool over. Razz
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Big Grin I am extremely happy to say that I have my hat in the ring on the Albion Vassal Sword, I went through Kult of Athena to get it and put in a down payment today and am going over later this week to put some more cash down on it. I am going to love, love, love the Vassal and I am absolutely elated knowing that it's only a matter of time and this magnificent sword will be in my collection. This will be my first Albion, finally! I have been wanting an Albion sword for quite some time now but had some Arms & Armor swords I had to get my grubby hands on first. Laughing Out Loud

I guess I don't need to tell anyone what a beautiful selection of swords Albion has in their line up! Laughing Out Loud

When I first took a serious look at the concept art of the Vassal, my eyes about bugged out of their sockets and I started to salivate Exclamation

Wow! I am a very happy man today!

Bob Big Grin
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Tue 21 Feb, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob;

Real happy for you, now you have to put it out of your mind for a while until it is in production or you will drive yourself crazy. Laughing Out Loud

Delay pacing the floor until it's in the hands of the shipping company. Wink Oh, the sweet torture of waiting ........... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhH as I run screaming in a tight circle. ( My Langue de Boeuf pollarm is CLOSE to being finished Razz But exactly when ????? )

Looking forward to your review when you get your Vassal. At least you have yours reserved. Cool

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Looking Forward to the Albion Vassal Sword
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: