Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Favorite Artwork or Home Decor? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Eric Nower

PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Favorite Artwork or Home Decor?         Reply with quote

Hello all,

So here it is- What is your favorite piece of artwork or home decor?

Mine is a 13th cen. code of chivalry. I found it a the local Ren festival and had it framed. It hangs proudly in the same room as all my swords and armour.

Heres the link for the gents website that I bought the print from:http://www.replicaprints.com/

Attachment: 91.63 KB
[ Download ]

May God have mercy on my enemies, for I shall have none.
John Cooksey

PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite Artwork or Home Decor?         Reply with quote

Eric Nower wrote:
Hello all,

So here it is- What is your favorite piece of artwork or home decor?

Mine is a 13th cen. code of chivalry. I found it a the local Ren festival and had it framed. It hangs proudly in the same room as all my swords and armour.

Heres the link for the gents website that I bought the print from:http://www.replicaprints.com/

I have very eclectic taste and no theme at all. Or so say all the females in my life (and they are legion). :-)

I have various blades (modern, repro, antique, and art original) scattered around the house in prominent places (but none hung on the wall), several replica antique handguns lying on shelves and tabletops (the more "modern" pieces reside "elsewhere"), and lots of small, finely crafted "objects" (driftwood dragons, netsuke, lacquerware and polished wooden boxes).

The ladies in my life (the aforementioned legion) say I don't have enough pictures. I have a few framed art prints (a Michael Whelan "Elric" on prominent display as a gift from my lady), a print of the Goddess Hathor in my bedroom (appropriate, I think), and several outstanding silkscreens of somewhat "Gothic" theme in my office ("Gothic" in the sense of scantily clad females with improbable piercings and lavish tattoos). Oh, and a fake stuffed raven (also a gift).
And a 1986-vintage "Jetfire", for all of you who know what that is. If that's not art, I don't know what is! :-)

I like to think of my house as a temple to my twin ideals of martial vigor and feminine glories. (grin)

I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender.
D. Rosen

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have a large print of Edmund Blair Leighton's "The Accolade" (see below) on one of my walls. It is a beautiful piece of art that represents to me the code of chivalry and knighthood. I also have a several tapestries- mostly heraldic beasts and one of knights jousting. There is also a Greenman plaque, an Aztec stone Calender, a Ceramic heraldic plaque of a lion rampant on a scarlet field, and a coat of arms of my family.

Right now, the only sword on my wall is the first sword I ever got (it was a gift)...the United Cutlery Gandalf's sword from Lord of the Rings...still fun to play around with. My other swords are on a sword rack against one of my walls.

Other than that , i've got a couple of interesting shells I got in Mexico, various Renaissance faire accoutrements (tankards, pouches, etc.), a Calvary cartridge box for Revolutionary War reenactments, a couple of Japanese items (mostly decorated with Hokusai's "The Great Wave Off Konagawa"....one of my favorite art prints), a small stone Elephant from India, a sugar loaf helm I picked up for next to nothing at a shop going out of business, and who could forget...an action figure of Sir Robin from Monty Python & The Holy Grail. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

One of these days I'll have to post a few pics of our living room. We've done some things to give it that historical touch. Some of our decor consists of a reproduction painting of a knight on horseback over our fireplace, a tapestry, cast lion sculptures and iron candlesticks. My Wife also did a wonderful job of creating faux stone work bordering the entire room. Our spare bedroom has become the armoury Big Grin
Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is a tough question, but here's a picture of one of my favourites - "300", by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley. Mine is professionally matted and framed using archival materials, numbered 133 of 300. Here's a link for some more info on this (strangely on-topic) piece and the graphic novel series that inspired it:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=18-300

I saw a little three-inch by two-inch image of this piece in a Previews catalog (retailers' order catalog) back when I worked at the local comic book shop. . . I instantly knew that some day I would have to own this artwork, and some years later fortune smiled upon me Happy .

Again, myArmoury shines as nearly all of my favourite things coming together under one roof.

Attachment: 90.38 KB
300litho.jpg
"300", by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

D. Rosen wrote:
I have a large print of Edmund Blair Leighton's "The Accolade" on one of my walls.

So do I Exclamation Oh, that's a gorgeous painting! I also have a framed print of (forgive the spelling) Waterhouse's "Lady of the Shalott" in my room and in my hallway hangs a custom-framed replica of my all-time favorite painting in the world: Rafael's School of Athens.

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite Artwork or Home Decor?         Reply with quote

Eric Nower wrote:
What is your favorite piece of artwork

Drawing & feather combo, same artist. Native American, Louisiana.
Huge sentimental value.
(FYI the eagle died of natural causes.)

Attachment: 64.38 KB
nativeS.jpg

John Cooksey

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathon Janusz wrote:
This is a tough question, but here's a picture of one of my favourites - "300", by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley. Mine is professionally matted and framed using archival materials, numbered 133 of 300. Here's a link for some more info on this (strangely on-topic) piece and the graphic novel series that inspired it:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=18-300

I saw a little three-inch by two-inch image of this piece in a Previews catalog (retailers' order catalog) back when I worked at the local comic book shop. . . I instantly knew that some day I would have to own this artwork, and some years later fortune smiled upon me Happy .

Again, myArmoury shines as nearly all of my favourite things coming together under one roof.

That's cool.
A good friend turned me on to "300" a while back.

I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender.
Chuck Perino

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hmmm....."decor"??
http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/en-gard...143909.php

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Favorite Artwork or Home Decor?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic