Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > waiting for a pavel moc's mail Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Raffaele Vitale

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: waiting for a pavel moc's mail         Reply with quote

Hi,
i want to buy a new sword from pavel moc. I have already used two sword of him and they are very well balanced! they are
amazing!
I've sent a mail to pavel but i've read that i could wait for months! how can i do to have an answer in reasonable time?
well, how can i get a price list of his items?
does anyone know the price of VIOLLET or WIMBLEDON swords?

thank u so much:)
Joe Yurgil

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

While I dont have any experiance with him I have heard that he can be..... slow. I dont want to speak bad of him but I would warn you to be careful in dealing with him....
Sjá, þar sé ek föður minn.
Sjá, þar sé ek móður mina ok systur mina ok bróður minn.
Sjá, þar sé ek allan minn frændgarð.
Sjá, kalla þeim tíl min.
Biðja mér at taka minn stað hjá þeim í sölum Valhallar, þar drengiligr menn munu lifa allan aldr.
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You might try to contact a reseller like http://www.outfit4events.com/ instead. They can probably tell you more about availability and such. (They do seem quite expensive though, at a glance.)
There are probably more shops out there that sell Moc swords. Google is our friend. Wink
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm going to keep my advice very, very general. It can be applied to any maker and is likely more appropriate for any custom maker.

I'd send your request and wait a reasonable amount of time. If you don't get a response, I'd send it again. If you're really amped about the item and still don't get a response, maybe you could do it a third time, but with two unanswered messages that are basically saying, "I want to give you money" I'd start to get concerned about the quality of communication once money has already traded hands. If the maker isn't being responsive, I'd highly suggest moving onto somebody else. As busy as people are, and we all are, we have to remember that the moment money is involved, it's called business. Everybody involved in this stuff is an artisan, but if they also sell their stuff, they're also a businessman. There's good business and there's bad business. You, being the consumer, has the benefit of deciding where to be a patron.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Raffaele Vitale

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: phone...         Reply with quote

What do you say of calling him by phone?
will be there anyboby who can speak english?
i'd already buy an internation phone card... well i'll try to do that... i hope someone will answer me..
David Etienne

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi,

Pavel Moc is rather slow in his answer : I sent him a mail on 09/07/05 and got an answer on 11/27/05...
Like Anton said, try outfit4events, it should be a lot safer.

Cheers,

David
Konstantin Tsvetkov

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello,

I agree that Pavel is a bit slow answering posts, but I think it is only because he needs to have them translated by somebody else. Each post will take a couple of days to be replied. He can communicate in english, but not enough to discuss all details.

As far as you received an order confirmation, everything goes rather smooth and fast. My first sword, the Embleton original came from Pavel in less than a month, Durer was ordered in the middle of september and is now ready and I expect it to come next week. I am not surprised that Pavel is quite busy right now, his new web cite is very well made and fool wonderful items.

Embleton original costed 300 euro shipped to Finland.

Regards, Konstantin.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > waiting for a pavel moc's mail
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic