Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A most humble "thank you" to the folks at Albion Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: A most humble "thank you" to the folks at Albion         Reply with quote

I'd just like to take the time to extend a most grateful and humble thanks to Amy, Eric, Howie, Peter Johnsson, Mike and all the excellent people over at Albion.

Sometimes life doesn't go the way you expect, or want it, to go. And sometimes, just sometimes, a helping hand can reach out from the most unexpected places. In my most darkest hour a few very kind souls reached out to me and offered their help. This help, this small act of acknowledgement that said "we care", came from the people at Albion. A small, kind gesture that for some might not mean much. For me it meant the world. If it weren't for the people at Albion and a few close friends of mine, I wouldn't be sitting here writing this today.

To all of you out there reading this: The people at Albion, Amy and all her compatriots, are among the kindest, warmest and most caring, gentle souls out there. And such people are very hard to find. Don't you ever forget that.

And finally, to all you wonderful people at Albion, I am forever greatful for what you did. Thank you.

Best regards,
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Whatever they did: kudos to Albion. Whatever your situation Joachim you have my best wishes.

Albion recently did the same for me, although I'm sure the situation wasn't as serious as yours. Thanks to the state's incompetent record keeping they claim I owe them a significant amount of back taxes (which I don't), and thanks to my bank's equally incompetent record keeping I can't prove that I paid it (which I did). Consequently, in the very near future I'll be spending a couple of months with a significant decrease in my monthly income. (One of the "advantages" to being a state employee is that they can more easily access your paycheck). Since I have a near-paranoia about spending non-disposable income on unnecessary things, I called Mike at Albion to cancel my Reeve order. Mike was very understanding with an "Don't worry about it, I know where to find you." Big Grin

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Patrick. That really warms the heart.

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble. I hope it gets cleared up really soon. Good thing Mike is so understanding though. I've done a lot of shopping where you have direct contact with a representative of those you buy from, and I just gotta say that Mike is by far the best costumer service person I have ever encountered.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mike was very supportive last year when my 85 year old Mom was in hospital for two months when I mentioned it at the end of an E-Mail dealing with an order: Buying the Sovereign was good to help me think of something else at the time.

Also got a great deal of support from others here: Especially Gordon Frye who put up with two months of almost daily E-Mail updates.

Oh, my Mom is fine now that they found what was wrong and it was easily manageable with thyroid medication.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Glad to hear your mom pulled through, Jean.
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

To both of my collecting comrades Joachim and Patrick, I am sorry for your troubles, just to let both of you and everyone else that belongs to myArmoury, if you want me to check on something for you at Kult of Athena, just send me an email, www.kultofathena.com is only 17 and a half miles from me and I'd be more than happy to check on things for you.

Through this website we all help one another as we can in our common passion, and this is a way that I can help, so I am glad to contribute, it means something to me!

Patrick, your situation is absolutely wrong that you should have to pay twice, my hope that it all clears up and the state makes restitution to you. Especially, given what you do for the citizens of your state in law enforcement!
Joachim, best of luck to you, in whatever it was and may all be well.

You have my Salute (It's what my profile picture means)

Bob
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Joachim and I hope your problem(s) is behind you as well.

I second Bob's hope that Patrick's double taxation problem can still be sorted out: if it's anything like our tax collectors you're guilty until proven innocent; you pay what they say you owe first and then you can try to appeal their ruling if you can find the proof.

Patrick: I hope that an appeal is even still possible. Hard to believe that no traces of these payments can be found the way the modern cyberworld works ( Or doesn't work Sad )

If nothing can be done I understand your frustration even more. ( Sorry for going on and on here as this is your private business and I don't expect any more info about the situation if you don't want to give us any more details. )

Well maybe some unnamed Government Agencies could trace your payment(s) if they had reasons to. Eek!
( Just mean it would be possible with the right resources. But either unavailable or expensive.)

Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nope, had the first hearing and no bueno. I could appeal that but I don't believe in waisting anyone's time including my own. Unfortunately it's just a matter of taking it on the chin and sucking it up.
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Sat 10 Dec, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A big thanks to both Bob and Jean. It means a lot. And yes: my problems are behind me now. Forward is the only way to go now.
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 10 Dec, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: A most humble "thank you" to the folks at Albi         Reply with quote

Joachim Nilsson wrote:
To all of you out there reading this: The people at Albion, Amy and all her compatriots, are among the kindest, warmest and most caring, gentle souls out there. And such people are very hard to find. Don't you ever forget that.

... Amy and all her compatriots...

That entire crew - every last one of them - I consider a friend, and that's not something I take the slightest bit lightly. I mentioned it in another thread here that I had the great fortune to enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner at the McHugh household, along with Harlan and his daughter, and with Peter. It's a neat McHugh tradition for everyone to express their thanks for something important to them before the meal. Mine was something like this: "Life has handed me a bunch of adversity of late - professional, personal, environmental... It's been my family and friends who have literally pulled me through. I'm surrounded by friends here today, and for that I'm truly thankful. To me, friends and family are simply the same word, spelled two different ways..."

I love them all, and yeah, I'm man enough to say it.

Of course, I met them all because of the business. If it all went away (perish the thought!), we'd still be friends.

Joachim Nilsson wrote:
Sometimes life doesn't go the way you expect, or want it, to go. And sometimes, just sometimes, a helping hand can reach out from the most unexpected places. In my most darkest hour a few very kind souls reached out to me and offered their help. This help, this small act of acknowledgement that said "we care", came from the people at Albion. A small, kind gesture that for some might not mean much. For me it meant the world. If it weren't for the people at Albion and a few close friends of mine, I wouldn't be sitting here writing this today.

If it weren't for the people at Albion and a few close friends of mine, I wouldn't be sitting here writing this today.

Then I'll have to selfishly thank them again, as I personally rather like having you among us, Joachim!
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Sat 10 Dec, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Aaron. That really means a lot to me.
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

PostPosted: Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joachim Nilsson wrote:

Brother, I may be a ways away, but I've always got your back - you've certainly had mine.
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Joachim Nilsson wrote:

Brother, I may be a ways away, but I've always got your back - you've certainly had mine.

Right on!
Martin Wallgren

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As most of you know Joachim Nilsson past away the 18th of July 2008. I just wnted to say that what Amy and Howard at Albion did for joachim was something soo unecpected and so unselfish that it canīt go untold. In one of his darkest moments wrestling his depression he had as an result of his mother losing her fight against cancer a short time earlier the sent him a NG Talhoffer as a gift to let him know he wasnīt alone. I was at his place when he recived the mail where Amy told him about it. And I can say that was the turningpoint. After that he gradually got better and was at the end of all medication and had sorted everything out. He was happy!

After his accident at the funeral that very sword lay atop of his coffin together with a single red rose and a photo of Joachim. A couple of weeks before christmas I had a conversation with Joachims father who asked me if I would like to buy the sword. I said yes I can be itīs guardian, after consulting Amy. So now it is hanging with honour on my livingroom wall...

Again I would like to thank Albion for giving Joachim the oppertunity of at least some years of a good life.

Thanx.....

Swordsman, Archer and Dad
Eric McHugh
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was quite sad to hear of his death. I personally struggled with depression too. So, we made this unexpected connection via email. I never met him, just emails, but Peter said he was a good soul...so...that was enough for me.

I am glad that the sword has a new home where it will be cherished. I'm sure it means a lot to him.

Best,

Eric McHugh
Allen Foster

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've only been collecting since 2008 and I noticed right away that there was a special relationship between Albion and its customers. This story explains a lot. Hopefully one day the gesture will be returned to Albion and it's employees in a way they do not expect and/or in a way it is much needed.
"Rise up, O Lord, and may thy enemies be dispersed and those who hate thee be driven from thy face."
Steven Janus

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would want to say thanks too! Best customer service from a manufacturer and great turn around time. I had them do three repairs to a Squire Great sword I own, once for sharpenining, twice for straighenning, long story. Both times the process was smooth and painless and they did a great job. I speak mainly with Mike and he is a good up front guy. Tells you exactly whats going and what to expect. I don't have much experince with any of the other employees but if Mike is an example, they must be a great set of individuals as well! Keep on blade smithing!
Newbie Sword collector
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Martin Wallgren wrote:
As most of you know Joachim Nilsson past away the 18th of July 2008. I just wnted to say that what Amy and Howard at Albion did for joachim was something soo unecpected and so unselfish that it canīt go untold. In one of his darkest moments wrestling his depression he had as an result of his mother losing her fight against cancer a short time earlier the sent him a NG Talhoffer as a gift to let him know he wasnīt alone. I was at his place when he recived the mail where Amy told him about it. And I can say that was the turningpoint. After that he gradually got better and was at the end of all medication and had sorted everything out. He was happy!

After his accident at the funeral that very sword lay atop of his coffin together with a single red rose and a photo of Joachim. A couple of weeks before christmas I had a conversation with Joachims father who asked me if I would like to buy the sword. I said yes I can be itīs guardian, after consulting Amy. So now it is hanging with honour on my livingroom wall...

Again I would like to thank Albion for giving Joachim the oppertunity of at least some years of a good life.

Thanx.....

Thanks for posting this story and sharing as this is a good way to honour his memory and I feel very honoured being among those privileged to read it.

Take care, sincerely yours.
Jean

Ed Toton

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jan, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Being a survivor of depression myself, I find this a truly touching story. I'm very sorry to hear of his passing.
-Ed T. Toton III
ed.toton.org | ModernChivalry.org
My armor photos on facebook

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A most humble "thank you" to the folks at Albion
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic