Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New swords in my website. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 07 Dec, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: New swords in my website.         Reply with quote

Hi, some of you may have seen some of these posted on a few forums. But, there is some pictures of the scabbard for the green jian sword, never seen, St. Catherine is there as well. There is added a section for the Acanthus swords. Just scroll down to the button bar and click on new swords then scroll down again and the new buttons are there for the new stuff. Click on a pic and some close up pics come up.
These next months are killer for me here at Odins workshop. Got a new damscus Schiovana styled sword and Zweihander also from Jerry Rados damascus. My last Zweihander was 6 1/2 lbs. It will be a trick to get this one to that point. Some Gladii, spatha and broadswords and Ronins, plus a few blunts as well. Any way take care and have a happy holiday John
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Wed 07 Dec, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Do you have a photo of that schiavona? I looked on your website, but couldn't find one. Perhaps I misread your post and it isn't finished yet.
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 07 Dec, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Roger, the sword is finished, just working on the scabbard still and then starting the big damascus sword. I will be sure to get some pics of the Schiovana styled sword. Mind you it is not historically accurate as far as the basket goes. But, there are no welds in the basket, all the incerts or cut outs are from one piece of steel. It has a double hand ground fuller and the blade is straight with a sharpened upper edge that goes half way like a backsword blade. Didn't mean to tease ya Wink
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Zweihander blade arrived from Jerry Rados yesterday. It looked like a big lump of poo, with scale all over it and misshapen. But, this is how his stuff comes to me as he forges the damascus to the basic shap and hammers the edges into a diamond cross section so that after I shape and grind the whole blade, the pattern fallows the shape of the tapers and flows into tip, and tightens at edge area. He also hammered a bit of an ugly shallow fuller , which after grinding, the pattern fallows shape better.The lugs or parrying hooks are crazy looking. But after I cut the profile better it looks fine. This sword is 67 1/2".
I figured somebody here would have commented on the Paragon sword and the Templar Knight Commander. I still have the TKC ready for sale.
Got some cool new woods coming in some long amboyna for a Ronin, some long pieces of burly desert ironwood gonna use for a Gladius and some coco bolo for a double fullered Spatha, that's gonna be way cool.
Taylor Ellis

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey John, the last zweihander you did was awesome, can't wait to see this one. Happy
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

Feedback score: 100%
(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John Lundemo wrote:

I figured somebody here would have commented on the Paragon sword and the Templar Knight Commander. I still have the TKC ready for sale.

John,
They look nice, but I think people on SFI know more about them than many folks who only frequent here. I'd love more info on them. Are there specific historic antecedents? They each look similar to a few period originals. Are you trying to replicate specific Oakeshott Types? Or are they just inspired by historic elements?

It's hard to comment on them when you don't know too much about them. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John,

Some of us are banned from SFI and cannot participate in the discussion of those swords. Others at SFI may not feel comfortable bringing them up here because of these issues (which don't need to be discussed here).

Please fell free to post any information you wish regarding your work.

I particularly like the Paragon and the antiqued version of the Templar Knight Commander.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You guys are right, my appologies. They are Just a Oakshott type XIII and XVI with some etchings etc.. Collaborations, not true Odins so I will refrain. When I get some Odin euros going I will bug ya a bit if I may. I did design the Venetian Saber and the Jian inspired by some historical photo's and many others. I'ld really like to do some true replicas someday. Till then I gotta pay some bills and feed the cat. I work alone so have to do the blades hilts and scabbards etchings and so on, which really blows. Seems like I'm kinda stuck between a rock Wink
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John Lundemo wrote:
Till then I gotta pay some bills and feed the cat.

I love this quote! It made me laugh.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John Lundemo wrote:
You guys are right, my appologies. They are Just a Oakshott type XIII and XVI with some etchings etc.. Collaborations, not true Odins so I will refrain. When I get some Odin euros going I will bug ya a bit if I may. I did design the Venetian Saber and the Jian inspired by some historical photo's and many others. I'ld really like to do some true replicas someday. Till then I gotta pay some bills and feed the cat. I work alone so have to do the blades hilts and scabbards etchings and so on, which really blows. Seems like I'm kinda stuck between a rock Wink

So if I might ask, basically if you had people commission more historical work you would like to go that way? That's very interesting food for thought... Happy Bound to give someone around here some ideas... Wink

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
John Lundemo wrote:

So if I might ask, basically if you had people commission more historical work you would like to go that way? That's very interesting food for thought... Happy Bound to give someone around here some ideas... Wink
Heck yeah Russ, I would like to go that way.
John Cooksey

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John Lundemo wrote:
Russ Ellis wrote:
John Lundemo wrote:

Heck yeah Russ, I would like to go that way.

Some of the non-historical stuff is very nice, too.
I like the Warders, especially the Fishtail.

And "Brunaye" is just fabulous.
It's sort of Viking, sort of Parthian/Saka, and a lot really cool . . . . .

You do some of the best decorative work that I have seen . . . . . it manages to be both bold and subtle at the same time.

I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender.
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Don't get totally away from the fantasy stuff John. There's nothing wrong with it and it's one of the areas where you really stand out. If I ever buy a sword from you it will probably be one in that vein.
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm also looking forward to seeing the schiavona-inspired piece.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
I'm also looking forward to seeing the schiavona-inspired piece.
Thanks, I will get some pics up asap. Still working on the damascus Zweihander, what a huge grizzly bear. but I got the blade down to 5 lbs., so hopefully after hilting it will be around the 6 1/2 lb mark. They are going to the same guy. The steel is mint, with no inclusions anywhere in the blade, not even in the lugs. To me, there will be no sword like it in damascus steel, so it may be very special.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New swords in my website.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic