Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Some of you have seen this sword before... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Some of you have seen this sword before...         Reply with quote

...but here it is again. My Kevin Cashen Anduril with the pommel carved by Patrick Hastings. After 3 years I am still in love with this sword and the work that was done on it. I think of it as the pinnacle of my collection right now. For those of you not familiar with the history of this sword, I will give you the quick version. I had this design in my head for 15 odd years for my version of Anduril. After several failed attempts gettign this project going with various smiths, Kevin Cashen finally accepted the job in late 1999. I recieved the sword in 2001 after having had Patrick hastings carve the pommel from a solid block of metal. The sword is still stunning to me and a simple joy to work with. I was playing around with my new digital camera and snapped these pics hoping to get some good quality shots without reflections.

Attachment: 16.83 KB
DSCN1931small.jpg

Attachment: 67.59 KB
DSCN1940small.jpg

Attachment: 30.06 KB
DSCN1942small.jpg

Geoff Wood

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Some of you have seen this sword before...

Yes, but that pommel is still a really neat design and worth another look.
J.G. Grubbs

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Joel,

I always enjoy looking at that sword. Happy

Regards,

"The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour."
Samurai Proverb

James Grubbs
Jay Barron

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's always a pleasure to see that sword, Joel. Could you post some stats please?
Constant and true.
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Stats and things         Reply with quote

Jay Barron wrote:
It's always a pleasure to see that sword, Joel. Could you post some stats please?

Sure Jay,
As a matter of fact, I need to re-evaluate this sword. I'll take it outside tomorrow and do some measuring and post them up as soon as I can.
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Couple more pics of teh scabbard and Patrick's Beautiful wor         Reply with quote

Here are some more pics. Kevin made the scababrd for me but without belt attachments. So I added my own rig for suspending it. It didn't come out as great as I'd have liked. I think I should have used a lighter weight leather. Then Patrick Hastings designed and made a buckle and belt end for me. There is not much I can't say about Patrick's talent and artistry with metal. Kevin Cashen also made me a fine scabbard to go along with a beautiful sword.

Attachment: 57.2 KB
DSCN1960small.jpg
The Scabbard and Belt attachment

Attachment: 44.26 KB
DSCN1962small.jpg
Patrick's wonderful buckle.

Attachment: 21.51 KB
DSCN1976small.jpg
How I used my Argonath statues.
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Better Photos         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Excellent photos!

Thanks Nathan. These were taken indoors with light coming through the windows. It was an overcast/partly cloudy day and I thought I'd have had less glare on the blade. I am using a Nikon CoolPix 4300, so if anyone can give me any tips about using this camera I wouldreally appreciate it. I think I will try outside tomorrow under a covered breezway where I would only get ambient light. I will also try to play with my white balance a little to see if I can get some better pics. I love the ones Nathan gets and hopefully, if I get this down, I can submit a full review.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Some of you have seen this sword before...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic