Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Tritonworks Website update Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next 
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 18 Sep, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Tritonworks Website update         Reply with quote

Thought I'd start letting you all know when I've added anything to the site. This week I added a review of a DN1532, some pictures of several Maelstrom Line scabbards I've recently completed and a couple of examples of new Trident Line scabbards as well. Also I added a review section for a Vladimir Cervenka sword that I currently have in my possession. You will NEVER believe this beast when I actually get the review done...
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Forgot to mention         Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that this one was my first attempt to distress something...

Attachment: 19.15 KB
100_0530.JPG

Attachment: 17.71 KB
100_0536.JPG

Attachment: 19.19 KB
100_0537.JPG

Benjamin McCracken

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like you did a pretty good job. Very nice.

Ben

"Your sword is your shield!"
Christian Henry Tobler
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Today's update includes slight modifications to the front page and a review added on the Arms and Armor Knightly sword.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 09 Oct, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Today's update consists of a review of the Arms and Armor Knightly Pollaxe

It can be found here:
http://www.tritonworks.com/newpage5.htm

Attachment: 7.33 KB
poleaxe.jpg

Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Tue 11 Oct, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey, Russ. I guess I missed your review of the Medici Falchion before. I have been interested in that piece for some time, but one doesn't see much "buzz" about it. Now you have the burred gears in my brain spinning again Exclamation
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 0%
(1 total ▮ 0% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 11 Oct, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Appreciate the review on that poleaxe... been on my radar for a while - perhaps making the short(er) list.
-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 11 Oct, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well thanks guys. My little reviews typically are not as in depth as the ones on this site but I hope that they will have some use for others as sort of a "cliff's notes" version of a review. I'll be trying to get at least one up a week or so until I get everything in place. Since I'm getting new swords all the time I'm hoping to have a fairly extensive collection over time. As a note Steve, the falchion review hasn't been there all that long so... also if anyone has any questions I will of course always do what I can to answer them if I still have the sword in hand, or send the owner this way if I don't.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 16 Oct, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This week's updates include a review of the Angus Trim English Knightly sword...

http://www.tritonworks.com/newpage2.htm

and one for the Vladimir Cervenka Bidenhander ...

http://www.tritonworks.com/vladimir.htm

as well as a correction to last week's pollaxe review

http://www.tritonworks.com/newpage5.htm

I also added some pictures of my latest projects:

Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Sun 16 Oct, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: i cant wait!!!!!!         Reply with quote

Russ, let me just say that i have about 4 months to go on your waiting list and the more of your work i see, the more i cant wait!!! I'm really looking forward to sending you my brescia.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the kind words, I'll have to check my list when I get home but you may not have as long to wait as you think. I've had a whole raft of cancellations and delays from people in my worklist lately. Sad It may be because the wait was so long there for a while and people find their financial circumstances etc. have changed since they originally placed the order. It does make me glad that I don't require earnest money to get on the list. It does help out those of you that are in line because that means I can get to you that much sooner.

Eric L.

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great looking site, and your scabbards look amazing.

I have a question Russ. In the pics. below the scabbard has a opening on de side i believe. How does the swordbelt go in this design?
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Eric L. wrote:
Great looking site, and your scabbards look amazing.

I have a question Russ. In the pics. below the scabbard has a opening on de side i believe. How does the swordbelt go in this design?

Hey Eric,

That particular scabbard does not have a belt. The sword is simply to monstrous to be worn. The scabbard was constructed mostly for safety and aesthetic purposes. If the customer had said that he wanted a suspension system of some sort I would have build something like a rifle sling so that it could by worn over the shoulder. This is completely ahistorical as far as I know but the only way this thing could have been worn at all as far as I can tell. Even then I have my doubts it's simply a huge sword.

Steve Grisetti

PostPosted: Mon 24 Oct, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ,
Just want to make a constructive suggestion on your website. You clearly have three separate product lines, Maelstrom, Trident and Nautilus. I was just hunting around there, after not actually looking at the product line for several weeks, and I had to dig into each section to try to remember/figure out the differences. I think, in order of increasing price, you go from Maelstrom to Nautilus to Trident? But it looks like Nautilus and Trident could be similar in pricing?

My suggestion: Your site will be more user friendly for your potential customers (like me Big Grin ) if your homepage includes a brief explanation of the differences among the product lines, e.g., "if you are looking for _____, I suggest you start with the ________ product line, which provides _________________. I think that a high-level description like this will help your customers to orient themselves, and start making decisions on choices/options, and Big Grin placing orders.

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 24 Oct, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Russ,
Just want to make a constructive suggestion on your website. You clearly have three separate product lines, Maelstrom, Trident and Nautilus. I was just hunting around there, after not actually looking at the product line for several weeks, and I had to dig into each section to try to remember/figure out the differences. I think, in order of increasing price, you go from Maelstrom to Nautilus to Trident? But it looks like Nautilus and Trident could be similar in pricing?

My suggestion: Your site will be more user friendly for your potential customers (like me Big Grin ) if your homepage includes a brief explanation of the differences among the product lines, e.g., "if you are looking for _____, I suggest you start with the ________ product line, which provides _________________. I think that a high-level description like this will help your customers to orient themselves, and start making decisions on choices/options, and Big Grin placing orders.

Thanks for the feedback Steve! I tried to do that with the description on the front page of each of the product lines but if you did not see it that way then I've got some more work to do. In fact the Maelstrom line are the stuff I've always done with the same sort of pricing I've always done. The Trident line is my high end stuff which includes a lot more research a lot more work (and soon will probably be totally hand stitched). The Nautilus line is the equivalent of the Trident Line but is in the fantasy arena if that makes sense. I was going to do a new update tonight so take a look tomorrow and see what you think...

Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 26 Oct, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I meant to post this yesterday as I actually did the update the night before last. Anyway, in response to Steve's suggestion (thanks Steve!) I've added this "FAQ" page. More stuff will be added as more questions become frequently asked...

check it out

http://www.tritonworks.com/newpage19.htm

Steve Grisetti

PostPosted: Wed 26 Oct, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The FAQ (and link from your home page) is a big help, Russ. Thanks!
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 26 Oct, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:

Yeah I debated calling it "Steve's page" Happy

Steve Grisetti

PostPosted: Thu 27 Oct, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Steve Grisetti wrote:

Yeah I debated calling it "Steve's page" Happy

Surprised Are you suggesting that others might not be as dense as I am? Never mind. I might not like the answer to that question Laughing Out Loud

- Sir Toby Belch
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This weeks update consists of a couple of reviews and some pictures of some recently completed projects. First there is a review of Albion's Brecia Spadona...

http://www.tritonworks.com/albion.htm
The Brecia is a really nice sword as is to be expected with all of Albion's Museum line. The scabbard is one of my Maelstrom line offerings, not as detailed as the Trident line but not as expensive either.

and also a review of an MRL Nodachi (the other monster sword I worked on recently

http://www.tritonworks.com/newpage17.htm
The Nodachi was a beast to work with, those curved blades are a hassle expecially when dealing with that thick spine and thin cutting edge. Sayashi definitely work for their money.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Tritonworks Website update
Page 1 of 7 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: