Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Texas Ren. Faire........ Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Texas Ren. Faire........         Reply with quote

My wife and I will be attending the Texas Renaissance Faire this year. A friend of ours has his own plane, so the trip will be convenient for us. We'll probably be there during the weekend of Oct.7-8. Hopefully we'll see some of you there!
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Don Halter
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cool...maybe we'll run into each other. My wife and I usually go whichever weekend follows a cool front!
Don "Krag" Halter
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm not certain of my schedule, but I'm hoping to make it a couple of rounds this year. Once things settle down a bit, I'll have a much better idea.

This is another cool opportunity to catch up with folks from the Forums...

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Everything's hotter in Texas         Reply with quote

Cool deal Patrick. JUst bring some shorts and a t-shirt because it's likely to be HOT at that time of the year. Beautiful country up there and there is so much to see at the TRF. After goign 8 years ina row I haven;t been in 3 years. Ijust might take a ride up there since my b-day is the 5th. Have fun patrick!

Joel
Patrick Kelly

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Everything's hotter in Texas         Reply with quote

Joel Whitmore wrote:
Cool deal Patrick. JUst bring some shorts and a t-shirt because it's likely to be HOT at that time of the year. Beautiful country up there and there is so much to see at the TRF. After goign 8 years ina row I haven;t been in 3 years. Ijust might take a ride up there since my b-day is the 5th. Have fun patrick!

Joel

We'll be going in period dress, which unfortunately means wool!

Patrick Kelly

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

We'll be leaving for Huston Friday evening. If anyone makes it to the Texas Renaissance Faire this coming weekend try to say hi. I'll be dressed thusly...................

Greg Griggs

PostPosted: Thu 06 Oct, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As the "friend" with the plane, I'm looking forward to this faire with gusto. Been too many years for me. Thanks to Patrick's wife for making my costume. Being as I'm a "plain"(pun intended) kind of guy, mine won't be as fancy as Patrick's, but the group of us will look smashing I'm sure. Hope to meet a few people from this forum. I did have a smart-aleck comment to make about the gentleman in the picture above, but seeing as how he has cetain "compromising" pics of me, I'll be nice, hehe.
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

PostPosted: Thu 06 Oct, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Greg Griggs wrote:
Hope to meet a few people from this forum. I did have a smart-aleck comment to make about the gentleman in the picture above, but seeing as how he has cetain "compromising" pics of me, I'll be nice, hehe.

Resisting GREAT temptation, I'll leave that one alone... Instead, I'll just wish you guys a good time. My work schedule didn't allow me to be there this weekend, or I would have made the trip. I will, however, be there closing weekend, barring disaster (which is possible, given my luck with planned trips this year!).

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Ruben Hernandez

PostPosted: Thu 06 Oct, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick,

You should be lucky if you're coming down this weekend to the Tex Ren Fest (Oct 8-9): it's suppose to be cool, mid 70s.
I live here near by and was there last weekend...whew!!! it was around 90+ degrees. Even in my sleeveless Yankl cotton shirt (House of Dra) and cotton pants, it was a bit much. However, I can tell you it's already cooling off here in the area and only suppose to get better by Saturday. Happy

Have fun....

R.V. Hernandez
Patrick Kelly

PostPosted: Thu 06 Oct, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ruben Hernandez wrote:
Patrick,

You should be lucky if you're coming down this weekend to the Tex Ren Fest (Oct 8-9): it's suppose to be cool, mid 70s.
I live here near by and was there last weekend...whew!!! it was around 90+ degrees. Even in my sleeveless Yankl cotton shirt (House of Dra) and cotton pants, it was a bit much. However, I can tell you it's already cooling off here in the area and only suppose to get better by Saturday. Happy

Have fun....

Thanks for the head's up Ruben. It was very cool here today. In fact, I could have used a jacket most of the day as the temp. was around forty degrees. At lunch I told Gregg that this is just the kind of weather I need for my wool clothing. Of course, Gregg will be wearing a sissy cotton tunic so he should be cool. He does look awfully fetching in a pair of black tights. Eek!

Greg Griggs

PostPosted: Thu 06 Oct, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"We're many men in TIGHT tights" - Robin & his "merry" men

Hey - if it keeps the girlfriend interested then I've done my duty, ROFL.

Thanks a lot Patrick, no worries you will get yours someday, mwhahahahaha.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
Ruben Hernandez

PostPosted: Thu 06 Oct, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Tex Ren Fest         Reply with quote

Texas weather update:

It's really cooling off down here in Texas (Ren Fest area) even as I write. A very cool wind is blowing and the humidity is dropping fast. But....the weather prediction for Sunday is that it might climb back up to mid 80s. As long as the humidity stays away, it shouldn't be too bad. That said, be careful Patrick about picking on Greg's "sissy cotton garb" 'cause you may be the one regretting the wool clothes!

That's the one sad thing about South Texas weather and Renaissance Faires - it's hard to really suit up most times. I've put off buying very nice pieces (Jerkins, armoured leather vest, etc) because its almost impossible to wear that stuff around here. At this year's Scarborough Renaissance Faire (Dallas) it was around 95 degrees, and the lords and ladies were dropping like flies - literally. EMT's were busy carting people off ("...bring us your dead !...").

With that in mind...a nice kilt (cotton), Scottish dirk and broadsword makes a lot more sense to me. And don't forget, its even better if you don't wear anything under that kilt ! Happy

R.V. Hernandez

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Texas Ren. Faire........
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic