Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Drat again! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Drat again!         Reply with quote

Have you ever noticed it never rains swords but only pours them? I had a little ready cash around and so what did I do? I badly overextended myself. I bought Lloyd's Duke, Edward's Henry V, ordered the Italian Bill from A&A and made an agreement with Jesse Frank to have something made. Then this A&A claymore shows up at a price I can't refuse so I bought that one too... So I'm tapped out until I get some more scabbards out the door and what happens? Nathan starts unloading absolutely fabulous pieces at very reasonable prices and I can't take advantage of it at all. Sad DRAT AGAIN!!!!!

Somebody buy that shiavona and sidesword and put me out of my misery... Sad

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sigh... and now there's a Black Prince from A&A available over at SFI for 100 dollars off the list price...
William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ,

I feel your pain man. Always when my sword fund is at it's lowest (or as in the case now, ZERO), do all these things show up. That Vlad Schiavona & the MRL Wakefield that Nathan has for sale are like salt in the wound. Cry

Bill

Roanoke Sword Guilde

roanokeswordguilde@live.com
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

William Goodwin wrote:
Russ,

I feel your pain man. Always when my sword fund is at it's lowest (or as in the case now, ZERO), do all these things show up. That Vlad Schiavona & the MRL Wakefield that Nathan has for sale are like salt in the wound. Cry

Bill

Bill, I actually did think about you when I saw that one up for sale. I was thinking well... it's not a mortuary hilt but there's still a basket there... I REALLY want a schiavona too, but finding a quality replica is difficult. I'm seriously considering selling my CastleKeep type XII to raise the money... I'd think about unloading my Lutel Swiss Saber... except there's already one of those in the classifieds too...

Alex Oster

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thats not the Schiavona of his I'm waiting for....

I don't know what sparked the sell out, but I hope all is well.

The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!
My collection: Various Blades & Conan related
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Alex Oster wrote:
Thats not the Schiavona of his I'm waiting for....

I don't know what sparked the sell out, but I hope all is well.

Yeah good luck with that. Happy If Nathan sells THAT one I expect that this site will be closing down soon after.

William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:

Bill, I actually did think about you when I saw that one up for sale. I was thinking well... it's not a mortuary hilt but there's still a basket there... I REALLY want a schiavona too, but finding a quality replica is difficult. I'm seriously considering selling my CastleKeep type XII to raise the money... I'd think about unloading my Lutel Swiss Saber... except there's already one of those in the classifieds too...

Russ,

I also thought of possibly putting something up on the block, but the only thing I'd be willing to part with at this time is my Darkwood side-sword, but there's Nathan's side-sword already up and I'd still come up short on funds.......reality bites! Mad

Bill

Roanoke Sword Guilde

roanokeswordguilde@live.com
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

William Goodwin wrote:

Russ,

I also thought of possibly putting something up on the block, but the only thing I'd be willing to part with at this time is my Darkwood side-sword, but there's Nathan's side-sword already up and I'd still come up short on funds.......reality bites! Mad

Bill

Yeah that's the problem with a collection like mine that is very focused and has a distinct theme, there isn't a lot of things that I've got to sell off that wouldn't set my primary collecting goal back. I'm not selling the Svante or Tritonia you vultures so get lost! Wink

Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ, now your"e scarring me Worried Worried Worried

Quote:
" If Nathan sells THAT one I expect that this site will be closing down soon after. "

Well I do worry and feel bad that Nathan is selling stuff he would rather keep Eek!

We have to respect Nathan's privacy and he doesn't have to tell us what is going on, but whatever it is I hope things are O.K.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I agree, and I always hate the thought of someone selling stuff just to make the next hurdle. I have always tried to keep hobby money seperate from everything else, and that way I never feel like I am dipping into the wrong pot to pay for a bill (whether it be from colum a to b, or b to a).

My post was more of a light hearted hint, but I didn't mean for it to sound vulture-esqu.

Happy

The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!
My collection: Various Blades & Conan related
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Well I do worry and feel bad that Nathan is selling stuff he would rather keep Eek!

We have to respect Nathan's privacy and he doesn't have to tell us what is going on, but whatever it is I hope things are O.K.

Thanks, Jean. It's just not possible for me to justify both a collecting hobby and the upkeep of the site. There's other things I'd like to do with life, too. One must make choices.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan;

Well when you prioritize just make sure to keep the best and irreplaceable: Cut a bit of the fat off your collection but not the muscle or the bone Wink Big Grin

My funds are all committed to current purchases or my short list of purchases, like the digital camera I need soon. ( Thanks for all the advice I got here on the site by the way, I will put it to use soon. )

If I was the purchaser of one of your " Babies " I would give you first claim on it if I ever wanted to sell it in the future, more so if almost impossible to get a new one from the maker.

At least those who think of you as a friend should give you this option ! Or visiting rights if they live close Wink Laughing Out Loud

Best wishes.
Jean

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Sigh... and now there's a Black Prince from A&A available over at SFI for 100 dollars off the list price...

Both forums have been really active the past couple of weeks. I don't know which claymore you grabbed but they are a rare offering. If I stop watching, it won't strain the brain so much but then I'd miss some of the great pictures. There are some truly wonderful opportunities for those in the market to buy.

Every time I look, there is another custom or A&A up for grabs. Even the Oscar K stuff is sorely tempting. Big swords, small swords, something for everyone.

I have some trades in mind but have to keep some of that close to the vest. As tempting as most of these sales are, I've no dough and really swore I was going to devot money to antiques.

It must be the full moon, in part.

Cheers

GC
Jay Barron

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I haven't been able to buy anything for a really long time so I can save for the high end custom stuff. Sad Sometimes I wish my tastes hadn't evolved toward elite iron. But, when I finally do get the good stuff I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Constant and true.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Alex Oster wrote:
I agree, and I always hate the thought of someone selling stuff just to make the next hurdle. I have always tried to keep hobby money seperate from everything else, and that way I never feel like I am dipping into the wrong pot to pay for a bill (whether it be from colum a to b, or b to a).

My post was more of a light hearted hint, but I didn't mean for it to sound vulture-esqu.

Happy

Oh you didn't sound like a vulture at all Alex, I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply that. I do the same thing, I keep the sword money and the family finances totally separate. That way I don't feel guilty about it. Although I admit I did feel a few twinges when my wife pointed out that if I sold some of my swords that we wouldn't have to pay for reroofing the house out of the family budget...

Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Glen A Cleeton wrote:

Both forums have been really active the past couple of weeks. I don't know which claymore you grabbed but they are a rare offering. If I stop watching, it won't strain the brain so much but then I'd miss some of the great pictures. There are some truly wonderful opportunities for those in the market to buy.

Every time I look, there is another custom or A&A up for grabs. Even the Oscar K stuff is sorely tempting. Big swords, small swords, something for everyone.

I have some trades in mind but have to keep some of that close to the vest. As tempting as most of these sales are, I've no dough and really swore I was going to devot money to antiques.

It must be the full moon, in part.

Cheers

GC

I bought the standard one from Joe (which reminds me I need to get that check in the mail today) I was MIGHTILY tempted by the one that used to be Mac's but in the end decided to go with the stock offering. About the only thing that would be more rare from A&A on the secondary market would be if the English two hander showed up I think.

Hmmm that also reminds me shouldn't that Duke be showing up today...

Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jay Barron wrote:
I haven't been able to buy anything for a really long time so I can save for the high end custom stuff. Sad Sometimes I wish my tastes hadn't evolved toward elite iron. But, when I finally do get the good stuff I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Hmm that's the second time that theme has been brought up this week... I think maybe I'll start a new thread on it... Happy

Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bloody bloody... now a Gustav Vasa rapier just showed up in the classifies... and I'm totally tapped out. DRAT AGAIN!!!!
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Bloody bloody... now a Gustav Vasa rapier just showed up in the classifies... and I'm totally tapped out. DRAT AGAIN!!!!

That's too bad, Russ, because it looks like a very nice example, and the price is very attractive, quite a bit less than I paid for mine (on sale) from A&A.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
That's too bad, Russ, because it looks like a very nice example, and the price is very attractive, quite a bit less than I paid for mine (on sale) from A&A.

Don't I know it! On the plus side the Duke showed up today and the Henry V got here last week so... It's not all bad. Happy

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Drat again!
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: