Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion SL Knightly Xll Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jonathan Harton

PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Albion SL Knightly Xll         Reply with quote

I may be looking into getting a sharp version of this sword for LH purposes to complete my crusades Templar squire persona. This blade will not be used for combat or sparing. My group requires a period design sharp for dress, drill, and overall presentation purposes. We do cutting drills and the like on foot and horseback, so a sharp is needed. I realize the blade will never cut as well as would a true Next Gen, but I simply can't afford to drop anymore than $300 or so on a blade, and finish this kit, and be the poor college student that I am. I really like the overall make, typical Albion quality, and beautiful simplicity (perfact for a Templar) of this sword.
My questions are directed at those who own or have handled this sword (sharp or not) as to its fit and feel. Also, can someone tell me how long the grip length is, I'd just like to know.

Thanks to anyone with answers,
Jonathan.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Tue 09 Aug, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well assuming that it's the same as the Next Gen Knight type XII it's 4 +/- inches. You can see other information on the sharp version here: http://www.myArmoury.com/review_alb_knight.html or my impressions here: http://www.tritonworks.com/albion.htm (scroll down to the bottom)
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Jeff Ross

PostPosted: Tue 09 Aug, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have two of these, both blunt, that we use for forms practice. These are really very nice swords for the price point. Balance is very good, they are comfortable in hand, and are a nice balance of agility and authority. There are very slight asymmetries in the blade grinding, and a few very small pits in the crossguards. These add character to the swords, and really do not detract from the overall look of the pieces. The handle wraps are very well done, tight and even, very secure in the hand. The grip dimensions on both of mine are 4-1/8" from cross to base of pommel, and 5-7/8" from cross to top of pommel. I have fairly large hands, and this sword is comfortable for me. I can't say how they would cut if sharp, but I am really pleased with them as training weapons. I suspect that this would be a very good choice for your Templar squire kit.

Jeff Ross

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion SL Knightly Xll
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic