Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Louisiana Round Table Event - 30 July, 2005 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Louisiana Round Table Event - 30 July, 2005         Reply with quote

I will be hosting an Albion Round Table event on July 30th, 2005, at my humble abode in the New Orleans / Baton Rouge area. The party is open to anyone over the age of 18 who is willing to make the trip. It's a great opportunity to meet other collectors and enthusiasts, and to "show-and-tell" pieces in your own collections. Weather permitting, we'll do some pool noodle cutting as well.

Since this is an Albion-sponsored Round Table, Albion's swords will be featured and they will be sending not only a package of their swords, but also some really sweet handouts and information - HOWEVER, all swords or other period weapons or armour are welcome for show-and-tell and cutting.

Please use the sign-up feature so we all know (especially me!) who might or will be attending. More information will be made available as the event nears.

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry that I won't make it. It is a little too far for me.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron,

Too far for me to come as well, but I hope you manage to bring a bunch of people in. Cool

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
... I hope you manage to bring a bunch of people in. Cool

Thanks, Joe! Me, too... I'd just HATE to have to horde all those nice pointies all for myself! Razz

Too bad you and Steve can't make it, but distance is an issue. If you recall, I really wanted to make Chad's but couldn't for the same reason. Good thing, though, is that these things do happen around the country - Chad's, Gary's, Tom's, and now, mine and possibly Patrick's. Granted, that still leaves a lot of territory, but on a grand scale, it roughly covers all 4 borders and the middle.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: I'll be there With me camera         Reply with quote

Hey there Aaron,

I'd love to make it. I don't think there are too many of us Louisiana boys on here so it's be nice to meet those with similar interests. Should we plan for a cutting party? Perhaps we can all chip in here and bring something. I don't have any recent Albion swords but I'll bring what I do have. This is too cool of you to host this event.

Joel

P.S. Hehe I am sure it will be hot!
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll be there With me camera         Reply with quote

Joel Whitmore wrote:
I'd love to make it. I don't think there are too many of us Louisiana boys on here so it's be nice to meet those with similar interests. Should we plan for a cutting party? Perhaps we can all chip in here and bring something. I don't have any recent Albion swords but I'll bring what I do have. This is too cool of you to host this event.

Joel

P.S. Hehe I am sure it will be hot!

Joel, it will be great to have you! I am indeed planning on a cutting party, if we can manage the heat and the weather cooperates. Plenty of cold drinks (sober ones, guys...) to be had, and the AC works. I appreciate the offer to chip in - we can talk about it when we get closer to that time. I'll catch drinks, probably snacks, but a few noodles would definitely be cool.

As for bringing swords, everyone is welcome to bring what they've got, if they want to show-and-tell. Albion's sponsoring this, but it's my party, and I LOVE period arms and armour, and I'm hosting it for others who do, too. Now, having said that, the goodies Howy and Mike are sending are going to be cool - seen a bunch of them, some will be a surprise even to me. I'm not sure what swords they'll include in the bundle, though there will likely be some old friends as well as possibly a new piece or two. I can promise a close-up look at at least the Vinland, Knight, Landgraf, and Regent from my own collection. I have a few examples of armour from various periods as well...

I'll disclose more as I know more. I'll pick Mike's and Chad's brain a little at the Blade Show...

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Jeanry Chandler

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Louisiana Round Table Event - 30 July, 2005         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
I will be hosting an Albion Round Table event on July 30th, 2005, at my humble abode in the New Orleans / Baton Rouge area. The party is open to anyone over the age of 18 who is willing to make the trip. It's a great opportunity to meet other collectors and enthusiasts, and to "show-and-tell" pieces in your own collections. Weather permitting, we'll do some pool noodle cutting as well.

Since this is an Albion-sponsored Round Table, Albion's swords will be featured and they will be sending not only a package of their swords, but also some really sweet handouts and information - HOWEVER, all swords or other period weapons or armour are welcome for show-and-tell and cutting.

Please use the sign-up feature so we all know (especially me!) who might or will be attending. More information will be made available as the event nears.

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

I'll definately make it, I'll notify the members of the local New Orleans WMA group and some other people with related interests. We will need directions from the city if it's in a rural area, I know I'm pretty much lost outside of Orleans Parish and most of my friends are the same. We have a couple of swords of our own we can bring, mostly blunts though. Please Email me or PM with further info.

Jeanry

"A strong people do not ned a strong leader."

Emiliano Zapata
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Outstanding, Jeanry! It'd be great!

I'll send some info privately. The date's a definite, details still to be worked out.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jun, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As I have mentioned before, this is an Albion-sponsored event. As such, they have graciously offered a 15% discount for any pieces that are ordered at my Round Table event. This is a very significant deal, folks!

Big-time thanks to Albion for this opportunity!

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
a 15% discount

WTF?! Sure, rub it in. I can take it. I'm going to cry now.
Martin Wallgren

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
As I have mentioned before, this is an Albion-sponsored event. As such, they have graciously offered a 15% discount for any pieces that are ordered at my Round Table event. This is a very significant deal, folks!

Big-time thanks to Albion for this opportunity!

Åhhhhh.... Varför!!! (Ohhhh.... why....)

I will ask Peter to host a round-Table event here in sweden. I don´t have the finases to get to yours Aaron. Irealy would like to but alas I cant...

Ha de bra... (Have a good time...)

Martin

Swordsman, Archer and Dad
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Anton, Martin - I wish you guys could make it. It'd be a blast!

I checked, folks... the discount applies only if you attend.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Had to buy a 'new' bike as the old one died on me, so I can't afford any swords (or anything) right now.

Pity coz the 15% discount would easily have paid for the trip.

Oh well, maybe some other time.
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Anton de Vries wrote:
Had to buy a 'new' bike as the old one died on me, so I can't afford any swords (or anything) right now.

Pity coz the 15% discount would easily have paid for the trip.

Oh well, maybe some other time.

Twist my arm... I just might be pursuaded to hold another RT in the future... perhaps there would be a discount then, as well.

Oh, and you and the twins are welcome at my house any time, my brother!

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jun, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:

Twist my arm... I just might be pursuaded to hold another RT in the future... perhaps there would be a discount then, as well.
Oh, and you and the twins are welcome at my house any time, my brother!

I sure could use a discount in the near future as I definitely need a few more swords.
The Munich doesn't speak to me, it shouts. But I believe we share this feeling, like many others here.

I hope I'll be able to accept the standing invitation some day, thx.
The twins will be happy to attend as well. They *like* human flesh. Laughing Out Loud
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This event is definitely still a go! If anyone else is interested, please let me know!

So far, the pieces I know will be there include:

Brescia, Regent, Landgraf, Squire, Knight, Ritter, Hersir, Vinland.

Mike's putting together a package of other pieces and some other goodies as well.

Time's probably going to be 1:00 pm until whenever.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jul, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The event is a week and a half out. I'd like to get a good idea of who is seriously looking at attending.

I'll be sending out information via email to those expressing a definite interest.

Again, July 30th, Hammond, LA, 1:00 pm until we finish.

Weather permitting, we will be able to cut, but for safety's sake, please bring closed-toe shoes and jeans at a minimum.

I'm looking forward to this!

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Jeanry Chandler

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jul, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am definately planning on being there, I believe at least one other person from the New Orleans WMA group will be attending as well, possibly as many as four. I have sent an email to our group list asking people to confirm.

Martin, too bad you cant make it down from Sweden! This is close to my home turf and we would love to show you around and introduce you to our sparring group. Maybe next year. Happy

Jeanry

"A strong people do not ned a strong leader."

Emiliano Zapata
Aaron Schnatterly

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jul, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like there will be a decent turnout here - Joel, Jeanry and posse, and probably some other guys from around the house. Oh, yeah, I'll be there too. Razz

Still, though, the invitation is open. If anyone else is interested, please let me know and I'll get the information out to you!

Mike and the Albion crew are putting together a few goodies to check out... a couple of things I'm looking forward to checking out.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jul, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Pumped up         Reply with quote

Aaron I am pumped up for this. I don;t htink I'll cut as my back is just gettign back to norm. BUt I will pack up my swords and be there in strawberry country.

Joel

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Louisiana Round Table Event - 30 July, 2005
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: