Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Ohio/Midwest Gathering aka Round Table IV Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next 
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 12 Jul, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Ohio/Midwest Gathering aka Round Table IV         Reply with quote

Hey folks,
As discussed in another topic, I'll be hosting another Ohio/Midwest get-together, on August 6th. It should be fun as usual, with lots of swords to play with and pool noodles to destroy.

It will also be the fourth Albion Round Table held in the area. As such, Albion is sending a box of goodies. On top of that, they're offering discounts for party-goers. Any order placed at the party can take 15% off Next Generation swords. Any orders placed in the two weeks following the party can take 10% off NG swords.

I'll be sending an evite out to past invitees, but please also note if you plan to attend by clicking the appropriate thing above. If you don't receive an Evite in the next day or so, please PM me your email address so I can send you one.

Depending on crowd size and projected weather, I may ask that guests only bring Albion items, but I'll know more closer to the event. It was crowded last time with poor weather, and it'd make it a little easier to move around and not get stabbed... Happy

More info on what Albion is sending will follow as soon as I have it.

Look forward to seeing you all!

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Last edited by Chad Arnow on Wed 13 Jul, 2005 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 12 Jul, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That bigger house stuff was just a joke!!! Cool
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 12 Jul, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
That bigger house stuff was just a joke!!! Cool

You weren't wrong, though. I felt it was crowded last time and it was hard to turn around without nearly impaling yourself on one sword or another. We had 13 or 14 people and 2 or 3 times as many swords all in the first floor (living room and eat-in kitchen) of my house. Pretty cosy.

Happy

ChadA

Doug Gardner

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 12 Jul, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Sorry I can't make it...         Reply with quote

Hey Chad,

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it this time, but the wife is going to be out of town at a conference. That puts me on baby duty! I'm sure you'll have a great time. I'm disappointed, because I bet there will be some new goodies in that package from Albion.

--Doug

Doug Gardner
Shane Allee
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 12 Jul, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Afraid we won't be able to make it down to this one. Moving the weekend before, so we will still have our plate full with unpacking and settling in.

Shane
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 12 Jul, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Shane and Doug,
Sorry to hear you can't make it this time. I'm sure there will be another one down the road.

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 12 Jul, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry I can't make it...         Reply with quote

Doug Gardner wrote:
Hey Chad,

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it this time, but the wife is going to be out of town at a conference. That puts me on baby duty! I'm sure you'll have a great time. I'm disappointed, because I bet there will be some new goodies in that package from Albion.

--Doug

Most of us are pretty harmless around children if you get house crazy and want to stop by to see whats around for a few minutes.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 12 Jul, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Shane Allee wrote:
Afraid we won't be able to make it down to this one. Moving the weekend before, so we will still have our plate full with unpacking and settling in.

Shane

That's too bad.

You bring some unique knowledge and differnet focus of interest to these things.

Shane Allee
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Joe.

I'm sure I'll make it atleast one this fall if at all possible. Plus, maybe by then you guys will have added the living room extention onto Chad's place.

Shane
Doug Gardner

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry I can't make it...         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:

Most of us are pretty harmless around children if you get house crazy and want to stop by to see whats around for a few minutes.

Hi Joe,

The kids are 2 and 4. The 2 year old rode his scooter down the slide at daycare last week, and the staff stopped him from doing the same thing at least twice AFTER his first attempt. WTF?! They've nicknamed him "Evel Knievel."

It ain't YOU I'm worried about! (It's chad...) Laughing Out Loud

I'll just need to wait for the next one. But, if I do get a chance to come down... I know where you'll be!

--Doug

Doug Gardner
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe,
It could just be the two of us. WTF?! I know Ted, Mark Mattimore, and David have received their invites. Hopefully they'll be able to make it. It'd be great to see Nate Bell again, Mark Weldon, Jeff Gentry and the others as well. I think everyone has gotten their evites. If you haven't, let me know.

Happy

ChadA

M. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad,

I'd love to come to one of these, but living on the far oppoxite side of the state makes it pretty prohibitive. Maybe someday...

"Only people not able to grow tall from their own efforts and achievements seek to subdue their fellow man."
"Only people not being able to find comfort in their own mind seek to silence others. " - Per Bylund
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe,
It could just be the two of us. WTF?! I know Ted, Mark Mattimore, and David have received their invites. Hopefully they'll be able to make it. It'd be great to see Nate Bell again, Mark Weldon, Jeff Gentry and the others as well. I think everyone has gotten their evites. If you haven't, let me know.

I'm sure more peopel will turn up.

At least I hope more people will turn up.

Has this been posted to any other boards yet?

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

M. Taylor wrote:
Chad,

I'd love to come to one of these, but living on the far oppoxite side of the state makes it pretty prohibitive. Maybe someday...

M.,
You'd be welcome, of course. I've had people drive 3 or 4 hours to get to one of these. There was a guy interested in coming from Pittsburgh. I'm hoping to hear from him, too.

Joe,
I haven't posted it anywhere else. Netsword has never done any good, and it wouldn't be appreciated on SFI. I'm not an ARMA member, so I hesitate to post it there, though I've done that before. Any suggestions? I'm sure some more people will end up coming.

Happy

ChadA

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Charles,
I'm glad to see you can make it! Did you get the evite as well?

Happy

ChadA

Mark Weldon

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad, I can probably make this one. I don't think there are any conflicts on my calendar.

I'll be happy to share a ride with anyone from the NE part of the state, if driving distance is a problem.

Mark
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mark Weldon wrote:
Chad, I can probably make this one. I don't think there are any conflicts on my calendar.

I'll be happy to share a ride with anyone from the NE part of the state, if driving distance is a problem.

Mark

Good to hear!

Charles Adams

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad, sorry I did not seem to get the evite. But, I am definately free for this one and will be attending. I'm trying to get a friend, I hope that won't be a problem. Also, I'm not 21 yet, still another year to go, I dont know why that would be a problem but I thought I'd let you know anyway. I just need some directions and I'll ready to go. Cant wait!
Charles
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Charles Adams wrote:
Chad, sorry I did not seem to get the evite. But, I am definately free for this one and will be attending. I'm trying to get a friend, I hope that won't be a problem. Also, I'm not 21 yet, still another year to go, I dont know why that would be a problem but I thought I'd let you know anyway. I just need some directions and I'll ready to go. Cant wait!
Charles

Charles,
You're welcome to bring someone else. Being 21 isn't an issue as much as being under 18 might be. Everyone, regardless of age, would be required to handle swords in a cautious manner, or course.

If you can PM me your email address, I'll send an evite out to you. It'll have a map and you can get directions from it.

Thanks!

Happy

ChadA

Jeff Gentry

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Round table         Reply with quote

Hey Chad

Hmmmm That's strange i didn't get the E-vite, I will be there though.

Joe you want to do the car pool thing again i'll drive if you want, i have a new truck, or at least new to me, lol.

Also if you would like i have a cutting stand, so if someone bring's a sword that they don't mind using to cut thing's beside's noodle's we could cut some meat and vegetable's, I broke my windlass Towton or I would bring that.

I can bring the stand even for noodle's though let me know if i should bring it.

Chad my e-mail is gentryjef@aol.com

Jeff

“Princes and Lords learn to survive with this art, in earnest and in play. But if you are fearful, then you should not learn to fence. Because a despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of all skill.”
- Fechtmeister Sigmund Ringeck, 1440

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Ohio/Midwest Gathering aka Round Table IV
Page 1 of 4 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: