Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Tinker & Angus Trim in the latest Blade Magazine Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Tinker & Angus Trim in the latest Blade Magazine         Reply with quote

Michael Tinker Pearce got his copy of the new Blade Magazine, the one that will be handed out at the Atlanta show in a couple of weeks.......

In there, there's a two page article, where a reviewer, one Kim Breed, does some cutting with a Tinker Longsword, and an AT, an MS1503.........

For those that have a subscription, I think its the current mag. For the newstands, I think it comes out after the Blade show.... and of course if you're going to the Atlanta Blade show, then you can likely see a copy there............

First time in print, for either Tinker or I....... and since it came out positive, its hard not to be really, Really pleased........

The AT isn't coming home, it was sold as is, to a friend of Mr. Breed's {a friend who I think participated in the cutting}.

Auld Dawg

swords are fun
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm excited to see it when I get to Atlanta. Hopefully you'll get a few extra copies for yourself, Gus!
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very cool!
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Couldn't be more pleased- both swords did very well and came through with no damage or dulling- just some scratches on the blade. I'll be re-united with my sword at BLADE Show- but like Gus's it's already spoken for...
Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Then one night, as my car was going backwards through a cornfield at 90mph, I had an epiphany...
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's also pretty interesting that swords are being used for cutting in a printed review. That's the first I've heard of such a thing. Could this mean that functionally-sound swords are now becoming more mainstream finally?
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
It's also pretty interesting that swords are being used for cutting in a printed review. That's the first I've heard of such a thing. Could this mean that functionally-sound swords are now becoming more mainstream finally?

They've done these kinds of things with knives for years, rope cutting tests, etc.

Maybe this means that we're getting through on the education front, and swords are becoming more acceptable and less eccentric in these circles.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I understood from Kim that they had test cut with some Katana type swords before, but sword reviews in main-stream knife publications are a pretty new thing. Given that Kim sought me out last year at BLADE Show and requested a sword of this type for test-cutting they obviously felt that the interest was there. I think the sword community and custom knife community are increasingly crossing over- and that both will benefit in the end.
Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Then one night, as my car was going backwards through a cornfield at 90mph, I had an epiphany...
David Martin

PostPosted: Thu 26 May, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I thought the article was interesting, and using a freshly killed deer as a cutting target was probably one of the more unusual and realistic demonstrations of cutting ability. I'm surprised that PETA hasn't protested the magazine. Wink

What I felt the article lacked was information on the manufacture of the swords and/or the craftsmen behind the blades. In virtually every other article in Blade, there are photos of both the maker and their wares. I think this would have added depth to the article.

One thing that came through loud and clear in the article is that the swords were both extremely effective at cutting. Kudos to Tinker and Gus for making such fine weapons!
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 26 May, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

David Martin wrote:
I thought the article was interesting, and using a freshly killed deer as a cutting target was probably one of the more unusual and realistic demonstrations of cutting ability. I'm surprised that PETA hasn't protested the magazine. Wink

What I felt the article lacked was information on the manufacture of the swords and/or the craftsmen behind the blades. In virtually every other article in Blade, there are photos of both the maker and their wares. I think this would have added depth to the article.

One thing that came through loud and clear in the article is that the swords were both extremely effective at cutting. Kudos to Tinker and Gus for making such fine weapons!

It's my understanding that the article originally included such information, but the BLADE Show issue is rather crowded and the article was heavily edited to make room for show info. That;'s the trade-off, I suppose- on the one hand some of the information didn't make print. On the other hand this is the magazine given away at the largest knife-show in the world- where I and my swords will be... On the whole, I'll take it! Pardon me while I go dance in the street... sorry- still very excited!

Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Thu 26 May, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Would one of you guys be able to post the article or email it on if you have a scanner,sounds pretty interesting, Cool
Or a link where i can get a hold of a copy,
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 26 May, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lee O'Hagan wrote:
Would one of you guys be able to post the article or email it on if you have a scanner,sounds pretty interesting, Cool
Or a link where i can get a hold of a copy,

http://www.blademag.com/

Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Thu 26 May, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy
Cheer's Nathan,

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Tinker & Angus Trim in the latest Blade Magazine
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic