Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion Next Gen XVIa with scent-stopper Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Bruce Wilson

PostPosted: Mon 23 May, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Albion Next Gen XVIa with scent-stopper         Reply with quote

I've put this in "Off Topic" as I don't believe it's fair or appropriate to go off at such a tangent in the thread in the Manufacturers' area when the Albion guys have just annonced such a wonderful new sword as the Next Gen Crecy.

This just struck me as such a great looking possibility for a blade/hilt combo that I couldn't help playing with it.
I'd seriously consider getting one of these if they were made! What would you call the model though...? Big Grin

Apologies to Peter J for arbitarily messing with his wonderful and well-researched design drawings! Eek!

B.

Attachment: 9.03 KB
Crecy with scent-stopper.JPG

G. Scott H.

PostPosted: Mon 23 May, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Albion Next Gen XVIa with scent-stopper         Reply with quote

Bruce Wilson wrote:
Apologies to Peter J for arbitarily messing with his wonderful and well-researched design drawings! Eek! B.

You're not the first. You certainly won't be the last. Here's one of my more bizarre manipulations. Eek! WTF?! Laughing Out Loud
Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

g. scott. albion has a 15thc sword that almost looks something like that. it has a weird fuller in the blade though
G. Scott H.

PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chuck Russell wrote:
g. scott. albion has a 15thc sword that almost looks something like that. it has a weird fuller in the blade though

I used the Thegn blade and Fiore hilt to get that one. Not a bad looking sword (IMHO) overall, just a strange combination of short blade and two-hand grip (something I sort of like, historical or not). Happy I also really like Bruce's idea of using the scent -stopper on the sword he pictured. The beauty of photoshop type programs is that those of us who don't actually buits swords can at least play around with ideas we'd like to see happen. Happy
Bruce Wilson

PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, it's one combination that struck me as being historically appropriate (and I happen to like the way it looks) although I can't immediately lay my hands on anything to reference it to. I guess it's on the hypothetical wish-list...
G. Scott H.

PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bruce Wilson wrote:
Well, it's one combination that struck me as being historically appropriate (and I happen to like the way it looks) although I can't immediately lay my hands on anything to reference it to. I guess it's on the hypothetical wish-list...

Somewhat resembles the Towton (albeit with a different guard and shorter pommel/longer grip). I can't give any hard source for such a combo either, but it looks quite plausible (and very attractive). Keep experimenting. Happy

P.S. I read the discussion between you and Peter in the Next Gen. Crecy thread, and so should point out that such "flights of fancy" on our part should not be viewed by Albion (or anyone else) as a sign of disastisfaction with their current offerings, rather as a sign of how their work inspires our own imaginations and creativity. Happy
Bruce Wilson

PostPosted: Tue 24 May, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
Somewhat resembles the Towton

Sssshhhhh!! No one was supposed to spot that (!). Surprised LOL...! Wink
No, seriously, it's more that I'm interested in the cut/thrust combination of the XVIa and that it's a bit chunkier and not quite as long as the XVa blade. I felt that it was, historically speaking, perhaps not a completely unreasonable combination to consider - but I'm happy to stand corrected! Big Grin

Quote:
P.S. I read the discussion between you and Peter in the Next Gen. Crecy thread, and so should point out that such "flights of fancy" on our part should not be viewed by Albion (or anyone else) as a sign of disastisfaction with their current offerings, rather as a sign of how their work inspires our own imaginations and creativity. Happy

Absolutely! I'm constantly amazed by their work (if only I had more ready cash!!) and would not in any way wish to see them deviate from the ideals the Peter has set for himself. As to flights of fancy, well I'm not going to indulge in anything to crazy - I prefer to stick to possibilities that are plausible; you won't see me putting rapier hilts on viking blades or doing weird fantasy stuff for example! Razz

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion Next Gen XVIa with scent-stopper
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic