Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Is he the only Reinactor as a Japanese officer in the UK?. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Roy Lindus

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Is he the only Reinactor as a Japanese officer in the UK?.         Reply with quote

About a year ago a young chap contacted me as I had a WW2 Japanese 'Sniper' armour for sale. Ryan is 16 and a real enthused young fellow as is his Mum, she now has a genuine Japanese Nurse out fit and accompanies him to all the meets.
She tells me that he is in great demand at these shows being the only Japanese enactor present, amused that he is in constant demand from those in American unforms to have photographs taken with him surrendering his Shin Gunto.................... Laughing Out Loud

Last time I saw him he mentioned that he was having a "Dug out" built. Now, to me a dug out is a Hole in the ground,how do you build that?, any way he sent these photographs of this meet,seems to have a great deal of harmless fun so why not.

The reason for the post is simply that if there are any others out there,particularly in the west country, let me know and I will pass it on. Eek!

Attachment: 84.47 KB
dis 3.jpg

Attachment: 104.37 KB
dis 4.jpg

Attachment: 57.27 KB
dis 2.jpg

30 year obsession
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's nice to see this kind of dedication to detail from someone so young. Hopefully he'll stay with it.
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow. Can't tell about the other pieces, but the Nambu (sp?) pistol in the first picture looks mint. Or perhaps replica, I suppose? My uncle had an original that came into his possession while he was serving in the U.S. Navy in the South Pacific, during the war. The jungle environment had not been kind to its finish.
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Wow. Can't tell about the other pieces, but the Nambu (sp?) pistol in the first picture looks mint. Or perhaps replica, I suppose? My uncle had an original that came into his possession while he was serving in the U.S. Navy in the South Pacific, during the war. The jungle environment had not been kind to its finish.

Since he's 16, and living in the UK, I doubt if the firearms are "mint" and/or fully functional.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Roy Lindus

PostPosted: Sun 22 May, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Absolutely right         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
Steve Grisetti wrote:

Since he's 16, and living in the UK, I doubt if the firearms are "mint" and/or fully functional.

Your right of course about the gun, if genuine it would have to be de-activated and have a certificate. Most of his stuff is right, I let him have two helmits and to get the boy going a superb Shin Gunto,Koto period, O'Surage, Hizen work I think and with a fine set of mounts complete with a Tsuru mon in silver and original rank tassel. His Mum said that when he got it home that night he took it to bed with him............personally at sixteen I had other idea's of what I would like to have taken to bed,but at least this will earn him admiration at the show's, make him a lot of cash if he ever sells it and best of all, will never Nag or moan about his hobby. Laughing Out Loud

Seems he has commissioned the construction of a Turtle shell. These were {For those who have not seen one} a construction in steel in the shape of the shell, then a shallow trench was dug, the sniper then covered with the shell where he stayed until death. Not my idea of fun but much used I believe, this was from an American journal showing both this and various body armours.

30 year obsession
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Mon 23 May, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud That guy must have fun on those meetings, enemies everywhere to aiming at Eek! Razz
Just some palmtrees and bushes have make it complete, bunker life are hard Big Grin Cool

Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik
Roy Lindus

PostPosted: Mon 23 May, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom wrote:
Laughing Out Loud That guy must have fun on those meetings, enemies everywhere to aiming at Eek! Razz
Just some palmtrees and bushes have make it complete, bunker life are hard Big Grin Cool

Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud
Its great Patrik, if only more of our youth would enjoy rather than destroy................

Roy

30 year obsession
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Mon 23 May, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Big Grin The only stuff i have seen so far is a video of this war
and that was some real cool thing to see, those bombs they use was not small Big Grin
Better than a movie, and i believed that a officer guy was drunk in real, but that was him acting bomb shocked Big Grin

Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Is he the only Reinactor as a Japanese officer in the UK?.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic