Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Cervenka Zweihander coming my way Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Einar Drønnesund

PostPosted: Fri 13 May, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Cervenka Zweihander coming my way         Reply with quote

I have recieved my confirmation email from Vladimir Cervenka, and it looks like I'll be recieving this beast

in November 2006. Jupp, its the big flamberge, and no, I'm not compensating for anything. (I think)

Its gonna be a long wait, but I think it'll be worth it. The price was certainly more than fair.
Jack McGregor Lynn

PostPosted: Fri 13 May, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I really like the look of those. The big flamberges are really impressive on a very basic level.
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Fri 13 May, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Einer,
Nice choice,
Although it's a little while away Would you mind sharing the forging info on this one as and when,from reading other's post, vladimir seems to send customers in prog shots as and when and this looks a good one to follow,flamberge,very Eek! Cool
i have something going through soon a little along the lines of the other large one pictured,but i'm very interested in these style's of sword of late,
i hope the wait doesnt drag, Big Grin
Einar Drønnesund

PostPosted: Fri 13 May, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lee O'Hagan wrote:
Hi Einer,
Nice choice,
Although it's a little while away Would you mind sharing the forging info on this one as and when,from reading other's post, vladimir seems to send customers in prog shots as and when and this looks a good one to follow,flamberge,very Eek! Cool
i have something going through soon a little along the lines of the other large one pictured,but i'm very interested in these style's of sword of late,
i hope the wait doesnt drag, Big Grin

Sure, if Vladimir sends me in-progress shots, I'll post them, with his permission, of course.

As for forging info, I dont really know what his process is. I know he forges his swords, and the site says they are handmade, but I'm sure he uses modern equiment like power hammers, beltgrinders etc.
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Fri 13 May, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cool
Thank's Einar,
As for forging info i meant the info on the making of the flamberge and the like,if thats ok with vladimir and yourself of course Big Grin some of the in prog pics can be pretty interesting,and so far i havent managed to find much on flamberge construction,certainly looks alot of involved work in that style of blade.
Cheers,
Einar Drønnesund

PostPosted: Fri 13 May, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lee O'Hagan wrote:
Cool
Thank's Einar,
As for forging info i meant the info on the making of the flamberge and the like,if thats ok with vladimir and yourself of course Big Grin some of the in prog pics can be pretty interesting,and so far i havent managed to find much on flamberge construction,certainly looks alot of involved work in that style of blade.
Cheers,

Yeah, it looks like a lot of work to me too, which is why I was pretty surprised to see that theres only a 70 euro difference between the two swords in the picture, and the flamberge is bigger, with a more complex guard than the straight one.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Cervenka Zweihander coming my way
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic