Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > AAA service by A & A Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon 14 Mar, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: AAA service by A & A         Reply with quote

Just want to thank Craig for the excellent follow up on my A & A 15th Century Twohander: I had ordered their leather scabbard at the same time as the sword and when I received the sword a month ago the scabbard was not included and not charged.

Usually there is NO extra shipping charge when the scabbard is ordered at the same time as a sword and shipped together.

When the scabbard is purchased by itself there is a shipping charge. So since the scabbard had been ordered with the sword, Craig offered to send me a scabbard at zero shipping charges.

Well today the scabbard arrived and, as promised the shipping charges were paid by A & A.

Also nice is that I didn't have to call to remind them about it: Extremely good customer service in my opinion!

Oh, very nice leather scabbard.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Gordon Frye

Reading list: 15 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 14 Mar, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Good to hear, Jean! Sounds like all of the vendors who also post on this site are great at customer service... of course, the fact that they post on this site suggests that they take an interest in what we, the customers, think about their products, but still, it's nice to have that proven in fact as well!

You know, it's tough having such high-quality sword makers posting here, too... makes it VERY hard to make decisions as to what the next major purchase is going to be! But since I already have an ATrim and an A&A, maybe I'll be forced to go with Albion... Oh, what a horrid decision to have to make! Big Grin

Cheers,

Gordon

"After God, we owe our victory to our Horses"
Gonsalo Jimenez de Quesada
http://www.renaissancesoldier.com/
http://historypundit.blogspot.com/
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Mon 14 Mar, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The folks at A & A are not only fine craftsmen but are also customer service guru's Big Grin
Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Mon 14 Mar, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I also want to chime in here with big praise to A&A and Craig as well. My order went by smooth on the phone what I like alot bout A&A is they ask you questions on the phone what will you be using the sword, spear, axe, mace etc for, would you like it sharp, blunt etc any changes to the item blued or would you like to go custom route based off that sword or a design you saw outta wallace or other museum. My order was placed and was shipped to me little over a month and Craig would update me on its progress and if there was any delays. Great guys keep up the good work.
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: AAA service by A & A         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Just want to thank Craig for the excellent follow up on my A & A 15th Century Twohander: I had ordered their leather scabbard at the same time as the sword and when I received the sword a month ago the scabbard was not included and not charged.

Usually there is NO extra shipping charge when the scabbard is ordered at the same time as a sword and shipped together.

When the scabbard is purchased by itself there is a shipping charge. So since the scabbard had been ordered with the sword, Craig offered to send me a scabbard at zero shipping charges.

Well today the scabbard arrived and, as promised the shipping charges were paid by A & A.

Also nice is that I didn't have to call to remind them about it: Extremely good customer service in my opinion!

Oh, very nice leather scabbard.

Hey Jean,
Craig and the guys are great aren't they?! He's a super dude to chat with too. I'd love to hear your impressions of the 2-hander. I know I absolutely love mine. I need to have a cutting day now that the weather si getting better and I can tan my legs Wink

Joel Whitmore
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joel;

There is a previous topic I started about a month ago where I give my first impressions of this sword.

Now, I don't practice any serious cutting, lack of a good place to do it being one reason, but just dry handling the sword tells me that two handed use with this one would be fast and recovery easy.

It feels as easy to wield as the heavier types of bastard sword and I really feel that some limited one handed use is possible and useful for a surprise longer than normal range slash or a surprise lunge ( Although this technique would probably not have come into general use before the development of rapiers. )

Well, it is possible to cut hand held sheet of note paper with ease. ( A little difficult to do because of blade length without nicking one's fingers Laughing Out Loud )

I would appreciate your impressions also were they to confirm or contradict my superficial impressions.

From the pure look of the piece I love the simple clean lines of what looks like a HUGE version of a regular sword.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I own 4 items from Arms&Armor, including Oakeshott's book Sword in Hand. The last thing I bought from them was the Black Prince sword. When I ordered it, Craig said it would be about 10 days. Sure enough, on the tenth day, there she was! There's no Type XVa I admire more than the Black Prince (a true shame that the original is in such bad shape).
One day, I'll be able to buy an A&A Edward III sword, my absolute #1 'dream sword.' In the meantime, gentlemen, keep up the great work! -Ted

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've been A&A's number one self proclaimed cheer leader for a long time so I'm a bit biased probably, but I would have to agree that the folks at Arms and Armor have never been anything but first class and professional. They were that way back when I was obnoxious and knew nothing, they were that way later when I was obnoxious and thought I knew everything, and they are still that way today when I'm still obnoxious but at least realize I still know nothing. They've been patient, courteous and have always delivered an outstanding product in a timely manner.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: A&A English Two Hander and cutting         Reply with quote

Hey Jean,

I have doen some limited cutting with the sword. It is a monster cuter and you can produce devastating cuts with just the flick of two hands. I can imagine a zornhau would be absolutely destructive to an unormored opponent. The thought of an unarmored duel with swords like this is terrifying. I don't think there would be any "superficial" wounds if a strike landed. LIke you Jean, I think this sword is managable with one hand for a limited time and on a limited number of strikes. It certainly allows the freedom of the left hand in binds to grab your opponent. I know what you mean about the proportions of this sword. It is proportioned so that it looks smaller than it really is. Perhaps thet's part fo the reason it balances so well. When I do have a go at cutting, I'll be sure and take some pics for everyone to see. One more thing Jean; smart move on the scabbard. Even it it is not appropriate for the period, it sure saves the interior of one's vehicle !

Joel
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Wed 20 Apr, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I placed an order with A&A a few weeks ago. Shortly after placing the initial order, I reluctantly had to change it to something less expensive but still nice and that I've admired (the Henry V sword). Craig was very understanding and helped me out. Many thanks Craig! By the way, the King Henry sword is outstanding. -Ted
"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Thu 21 Apr, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If I can be nosy what was your initial order?
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > AAA service by A & A
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic