Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Musketeers Movie (2023) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Martin Buckley

PostPosted: Sun 11 Dec, 2022 12:56 am    Post subject: Musketeers Movie (2023)         Reply with quote

Hello,

So 2023 with bring another film adaptation of the timeless Dumas Musketeers novel. It’s French language and will be released in two parts (Easter 2023 and Christmas 2023). My personal favourite interpretation of the classic would be the Richard Lester 1970’s version and have felt a little let down by subsequent remakes (an honorable mention to the 90’s Disney version). However, I have to say, this looks pretty promising, and generally faithful to the literary classic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvWLpi5J-NI
Victor R.

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Sun 11 Dec, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the 1993 version with Kiefer Southerland, Charlie Sheen and Oliver Platt (this sash was a gift from the Queen of America), and Tim Curry as Richelieu was an outstanding choice. Also has one of my favorite theme songs, a collaboration between Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting.
Ryan S.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec, 2022 12:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It does look interesting. It seems that it will focus more on the political aspect, which is good. I don’t know why everyone wears black, though, especially when they talk about the King’s colours.
Dan D'Silva

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec, 2022 2:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

'Cause it's the past, everything has to look like an antique photograph Happy
Victor R.

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ryan S. wrote:
It does look interesting. It seems that it will focus more on the political aspect, which is good. I don’t know why everyone wears black, though, especially when they talk about the King’s colours.

Color wasn't invented until the 20th century - didn't you know? Hard to be as edgy in color.
Martin Buckley

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Lester version of the Musketeers was undoubtedly the most faithful portrayal of both the novel and the period. Christopher Lee in his scarlet suit and lace collar is a work of art. I think the 17th century is generally quite underrepresented in both film and t.v., and perhaps the fashion of the time (not looking edgy by modern standards) plays it’s part. It’s certainly not for the lack of narrative, that’s for sure.
J.D. Crawford

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 25 Dec, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Musketeers Movie (2023)         Reply with quote

Martin Buckley wrote:
Hello,

So 2023 with bring another film adaptation of the timeless Dumas Musketeers novel. It’s French language and will be released in two parts (Easter 2023 and Christmas 2023). My personal favourite interpretation of the classic would be the Richard Lester 1970’s version and have felt a little let down by subsequent remakes (an honorable mention to the 90’s Disney version). However, I have to say, this looks pretty promising, and generally faithful to the literary classic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvWLpi5J-NI

Looks pretty cool. Wish my French was better.
John Dunn

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject: Musketeers         Reply with quote

Martin Buckley wrote:
The Lester version of the Musketeers was undoubtedly the most faithful portrayal of both the novel and the period. Christopher Lee in his scarlet suit and lace collar is a work of art. I think the 17th century is generally quite underrepresented in both film and t.v., and perhaps the fashion of the time (not looking edgy by modern standards) plays it’s part. It’s certainly not for the lack of narrative, that’s for sure.

I agree Those two movies made in the 70s are still the best in my opinion.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Musketeers Movie (2023)
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic