Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > My 1380's Italian Kit So Far! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeff Cierniak

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jan, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: My 1380's Italian Kit So Far!         Reply with quote

Hey all, hope you're well in the New Year!

I've been building a kit for about around the 1380's Italy for a bit now. Mostly for the purpose of harnishfechten but I am trying to be as historically accurate as I can be within my budget and my time. My primary sources are the La Queste del Saint Graal and Guiron le Courtois.

I know that most of what is on here are weapons, but thought you might enjoy some armor too! This is a mix of off the shelf and custom/semi custom stuff. vambraces and small petal spaulders coming soon, still planning out greaves. Don't have an amazing pic with the visor on so included a shot of just the helm.

Attachment: 355.7 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 358.62 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 553.39 KB
[ Download ]
Aaron Hoard

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jan, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice - that's looking good. What's next on your list to add?
Jeff Cierniak

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jan, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks! As I said in the post vambraces and some small spaulders should be in the next couple weeks. Looking at some options for greaves that will be good enough to last me for a couple years.

Starting to get the finer details together as well: knightly girdle (not full on plaque belt), tight jupon/surcoat for over the brig.
Daniel Sullivan

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jan, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject: My 1380's Italian kit ......         Reply with quote

Jeff,

Very nice! Please keep us appraised of your progress. BTW, what was the source of your helmet?

A few years ago there was thread on this site "Show Us Your Armour"(?) that might be of interest to you.

Good luck with your project ...

Dan
Jeff Cierniak

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jan, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Will do for sure! Arma Moskovia made the helm. There is a lot to like about it, but it's a bit "overbuilt" for my purposes as they mostly do stuff for the buhurt crowd, and the oculars are a touch too big. Nothing a bit of perf plate won't fix. If I keep up with this I'll probably just save up for a nice custom helm down the line from someone in range of me actually driving to for measurements etc.

The brig, however, is Aleksey Perebeynos and I'm kind of in love with it. I can forward and backward shoulder roll with no issue (getting my feet under me square and the helmet weight centered to stand smoothly is still a work in progress) It doesn't quite fit perfectly at the waist yet. I measured very very tight because I knew I was losing weight and I'm not quite there yet. It is still more than safe enough to wear for fighting.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > My 1380's Italian Kit So Far!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic