Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Comparitive range of crossbow Bolts, Tod's testing. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 18 May, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Comparitive range of crossbow Bolts, Tod's testing.         Reply with quote

Interesting video with what I think at the end is the correct conclusion, that I won't mention to avoid " spoilers ".

But, after people have had a chance to view the video I think discussing bolt weights should be interesting, by the way I tend to agree very much with Tod's theory at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTW0CrXugdQ

It's another of Tod's very good experiments to test weapons performances and try to arrive at a logical conclusion.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Instead of staring a new Topic Thread I'm just linking this Youtube video by Tod that is related to the video in my above posting, this time it's not about range but about power of different weights of bolts in Kinetic energy and momentum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Itu9iSfiNI

The numbers are surprising in some ways, but expected in others that heavier bolts have less velocity but their energy and momentum increases with bolt weight, at least up to a point of diminishing returns that might only be explored by making ever heavier bolts until the decrease in velocity of bolts gets so low that energy starts to diminish.

In any case viewing Tod's videos can give you some answers and maybe more questions.

Reading the comment sections under each of Tod's videos is very much like the discussions and/or speculations that we could also do here.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Comparitive range of crossbow Bolts, Tod's testing.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic