Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Another sword in the Stone just found. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Brandon B

PostPosted: Sun 27 Oct, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject: Another sword in the Stone just found.         Reply with quote

Thought everyone would get a kick out of this article that popped up a week ago. How fun would it be to find a sword. Wonder how it became embedded in rock?
https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/medieval-sword-0012740

Attachment: 37.04 KB
2F3637EB-24E4-4AE1-B3C8-B505D96793B1.jpeg

May God grant us the wisdom to discover the right, the strength to choose it, and the will to make it endure. - First Knight
Mikko Kuusirati

Reading list: 13 books

PostPosted: Sun 27 Oct, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The original article from The Srpska Times is shorter, less convoluted and contains actual quotes from the people involved.

I may be looking at it wrong, but it seems to me that the video shows the sword not really "plunged into stone" as much as stuck between some rocks and partially covered by sediment...

"And sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
— Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum

Last edited by Mikko Kuusirati on Sun 27 Oct, 2019 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brandon B

PostPosted: Sun 27 Oct, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Excellent         Reply with quote

Mikko Kuusirati wrote:
The original article from The SPRSKA Times is shorter, less convoluted and contains actual quotes from the people involved.

I may be looking at it wrong, but it seems to me that the video shows the sword not really "plunged into stone" as much as stuck between some rocks and partially covered by sediment...

That was my thought. Looked more like it became solidified due to its location, and then the ground hardening around it afterwards. Thanks for the other article link.

May God grant us the wisdom to discover the right, the strength to choose it, and the will to make it endure. - First Knight
Brandon B

PostPosted: Sun 27 Oct, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Photo from Republika Srpska         Reply with quote

Found a neat photo from Republika Srpska which is somewhere near where this sword was found. Sounds like it’s a big deal because of the rarity of swords found in that area. Pretty fun. Someone needs to send Peter Johnson over there to examine it Wink
So this is definitely Excalibur because not only was it thrown into the lake, but also ended up in stone ha ha.

Thanks for the better article link Mikko.

Attachment: 147.95 KB
569D9594-5F8C-48D7-8924-4A9FC51B0FB3.jpeg

Mikko Kuusirati

Reading list: 13 books

PostPosted: Sun 27 Oct, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

To be fair, I got that link from the article you linked. Happy
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
— Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Another sword in the Stone just found.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic