Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > need help with some Albion Yeoman's measurements Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nicolás B.

PostPosted: Mon 08 Oct, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: need help with some Albion Yeoman's measurements         Reply with quote

Hi My name is Nicolás and im a model maker student from Spain. Im currently in process of sstarting my final project which will be an Albion Yeoman + an scabbard ( i did choose oxblood color for grip and scabbard Big Grin )

The Sword will be a wooden one ( i did choose oak for this purpose ). I wanted to be as close as reality but im lacking some measurements that i cant seem to find anywhere such as:

thickness of the blade at base and the tip.
deepness of the fuller.
thickness of the grip.
lenght and thickness of pommel.
thickness and widht of crossguard.

Maybe i can get some measurements with a 3D File that i found , being the fuller one the more complex to get for me without being able to measure a Yeoman on my own.

Thanks in advance to every Yeoman owner that could help me with this.

PS: sorry for my bad english , not my native language.
Oskar Gessler

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Nicolas,
Im absolutely no expert on copyright issues but I have the feeling that I would contact one or two people from Albion bofre I make an exact copy of one of their swords. They know what you want to know and they can give you a permission.
Some months ago I had a similar question about their Kriegsmesser ´Knecht´, because it has such an excellent reputation and
I ordered a Kriegsmesser as a custom work from a smith. And of course I want a good sword.
How ever, the measurements were used as an orientation. They will differ and the overall appearance of my Kriegsmesser will be totally different.
Im not sure but have the feeling you could get into trouble if you copy the product of a famous company 1:1, even if its made from wood. Better ask and be on the safe side.
Howard Waddell for example.
http://myArmoury.com/talk/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14
Nicolás B.

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

oh my bad there , didnt knew they had copyright over the designs of the sword Worried , i tought that they do make replicas of swords that already exists. My bad here then.

Thank you for the information i am going to send him a message to ask for the permissions.

Have a good day!
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Regardless of whether or not there's a copyright, there's other issues at stake. In the sword industry, as in all industries, there are certain forms of decorum. To give an example, in the restaurant industry, it's not good decorum to leave a server no tip. Similarly, in the sword industry, it's not good decorum to ask for the precise specifications of a sword model. I know you mean well, Nicolás, and it's even flattering that you admire their sword so much you want to make a wooden one. Nevertheless, asking for the exact specifications just isn't appropriate.
Nicolás B.

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig Peters wrote:
Regardless of whether or not there's a copyright, there's other issues at stake. In the sword industry, as in all industries, there are certain forms of decorum. To give an example, in the restaurant industry, it's not good decorum to leave a server no tip. Similarly, in the sword industry, it's not good decorum to ask for the precise specifications of a sword model. I know you mean well, Nicolás, and it's even flattering that you admire their sword so much you want to make a wooden one. Nevertheless, asking for the exact specifications just isn't appropriate.

Thank you for the reply, in fact you are right. Thinking all this thing again maybe is was too rude to ask just like that for the measurements and i apologize for this.

I will correct this attitude from now on.

Have a good day!
Oskar Gessler

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig Peters wrote:

Oh...
then let me please apologize to the people from Albion here and now.
I wouldnt have asked otherwise.
Never heard about this before and had rather the feeling it would be a compliment to them.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > need help with some Albion Yeoman's measurements
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic