Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Best repro sharp sword for Medieval sword-and-buckler Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Dashiell Harrison

PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Best repro sharp sword for Medieval sword-and-buckler         Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm trying to pick out a good reproduction sharp sword for sword-and-buckler solo drilling, test-cutting, and living history demonstration. Right now I use a Regenyei Full Contact I.33 for sparring and partner drills and ideally I would like something with similar handling characteristics or maybe a tiny bit lighter and nimbler.

I'm mainly a KdF/Lignitzer sword-and-buckler fencer, but my main reenactment interest lies more with the 13th century, so my perfect sword would be historically plausible for both time periods, but I'm somewhat flexible on that point.

Before anyone asks, I'm well aware that I.33 is a better sword-buckler-source for someone interested in High Middle Ages, however I have found Ligntizer's material just seems to work better for my personal fencing style. Perhaps some day I will have better luck getting the I.33 material to work.

Anyone have any suggestions?[/i]
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There are relatively few swords appropriate for the 13th and 15th century, although something like Albion's Poitiers is probably most plausible.

For classic I.33 era swords, there's lots of options. The Albion Knight looks like your Regenyei and is fairly lively in hand, so it would be a good choice. A lot of I.33 guys really like Type XIV swords, so the Albion Sheriff, Yeoman or Sovereign would be appropriate, as would the Solingen would all be good choices. So too would be Albion's Squire, though my impression is that it's probably more appropriate to 14th centry. Other choices could be Albion's Vigil or Oakeshott. If you want a custom sword, you could go with Peter J, Maciej K., or someone else who does good custom work.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Best repro sharp sword for Medieval sword-and-buckler
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic