Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Trademark Impressions... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Patrick B. Pointer
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 27 May, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Trademark Impressions...         Reply with quote

For those of you that do not know me, I am a one-man operation. I specialize in 1st Century Roman Gladii and Scabbards and "re-hilting" swords.
What started as helping out a few people, turned into a hobby, but the hobby has begun to expand and I am pursuing opening up as a small business LLC. I work on commission.

I have developed a Trademark for the business and am wondering how other craftsman or manufacturers put their trademark on their swords. Hammer Stamp or Acid Burn Stencil? My Trademark may be too detailed for a Hammer Stamp and I am thinking about going with the Acid burn. I don't just want to Brand or Tattoo the trademark I want to go with a deeper etching.

Again, I am a "One-Man" operation. And am considering the purchase of a Silhouette Cameo 3 Stencil cutter but I am open to other suggestions. Do you burn with Vinegar and Salt with an electrical charge or do you use Ferric Chloride or some other type of Acid.

I make a number of Hollow Ground blades and am wondering if there is some sort of "Gel" type material that would be better to hold it in place.

Any help or wisdom would be appreciated.
In His Service and Yours...
--Patrick

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Trademark Impressions...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic