Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Anyone getting the Albion Alpha-Omega Sword? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chris Artman

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 01 Jun, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Anyone getting the Albion Alpha-Omega Sword?         Reply with quote

I thought there would have been a post by now regarding Albion's new Alpha-Omega fantasy sword based on the Munich...

Any thoughts?

It is very, very cool, but I am waiting for the museum line version of the Bayerisches (Nationalmuseum in Munich, Germany). I'm starting to overflow with swords, maces, and pole weapons, so I need to only get a select few on occasion going forward... Either way, the Alpha-Omega looks very cool...
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jun, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Not buying much of anything right now, this included.

Ambivalent on the whole package as well.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jun, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just saw it on their facebook page. It sure does look cool. I like fantasy designs that are not too exaggerated and have nothing to do with the reality. But I'm even more sure that I don't have $1700. Happy
Darrin Hughes

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jun, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm pretty much with Joe on this. Even if I was interested I think there are other less expensive Albions that I'd rather have and currently can't afford, so this is a bit of a none starter. I also hate to think what the price is going to end up at if $1700 is the special introductory offer. Eek!

Cheers,
Darrin.
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jun, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm sort of in the same boat with you, Chris; the boat that might sink under the weight of all the swords. Even after clearing out my lower end MRLs and such, I'm still going to be cluttered soon. I like the look of this sword, especially the wonderful hollow grinding, which is not a feature of the Munich. I like it, but the clutter issue has more or less forced me to swear off fantasy pieces (and pass on one or two historical pieces that I really wanted). And I have my lovely Gothic Munich still, which I have no intention of parting with to make room.

Still, that has to be one of the most tastefully done fantasy swords I've ever seen. Clearly a fantasy sword made by people who know how the real ones are supposed to look. Very nicely done.

Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jun, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sam Barris wrote:
I like it, but the clutter issue has more or less forced me to swear off fantasy pieces (and pass on one or two historical pieces that I really wanted). And I have my lovely Gothic Munich still, which I have no intention of parting with to make room.

Yeah, it gets pretty bad when your most recent purchase lives on your bed and you have to take it off the bed to go to sleep and lean it over a pile of books in the middle of the floor ! Eek! Razz Laughing Out Loud

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jun, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Boy, what a great problem to have, guys...

The sword is pretty dang cool, really like the blade and the pommel, though I'm a little iffy on the guard. Still, considering what I think of most fantasy swords, they did a really nice job. Not something I'd buy, but I'm sure a lot of people would bite at the chance for a piece like that.
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I finally got around to ordering one awhile back. It has been removed from KOA and the Albion site........
Non Timebo Mala

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Anyone getting the Albion Alpha-Omega Sword?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic