Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Swordmaker: new website - Maciej Kopciuch Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Maciej K.
Industry Professional

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Swordmaker: new website - Maciej Kopciuch         Reply with quote

I want to invite you to visiting my website presenting my works:
http://artofswordmaking.com/

You will find selected swords and other weapon by sections here:
http://artofswordmaking.com/works

In a section "Available" you can find currently available items: swords and axes.
All of them are hand made and fully functional, sharp:
http://artofswordmaking.com/category/5/available

As many of you already know, my work is focused mostly on medieval swords dated to 10th - 15th century. I make also falchions, axes, historical scabbards and belts.
My website is (and will be) updated a few times per week with new items and texts. You will find there also many of custom opinions and reviews on my website.
Let me also invite you to my FB profile Swordmaker, where I`m quite active almost every day, sharing many workshop pictures and some research conclusions.

Full gallery with over 1200 pictures you will find also on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/128379918@N05/

p.s. - this year was very busy for me and I need to back again on this forum of "sword family" to discuss more and share more current works also here Happy I will try to fix that soon!

Attachment: 402.11 KB
[ Download ]

Medieval Swords - www.artofswordmaking.com

Last edited by Maciej K. on Thu 13 Oct, 2016 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Julien M

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm in awe with what I see on your website. One splendid sword after the other, and at a dizzying pace too. Not only that, but your leather work on scabbards, rain guards and grips is among the best I've seen. Enough superlatives, hats off!
Best,
J
Maciej K.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 10 Oct, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you Julien! I appreciate that very much Happy
soon I will post some of newest works with description.

Gossart Pierre

PostPosted: Mon 10 Oct, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Really beautifull swords and photos ! Waiting to see your future swords ! All the best ! Pierre
Maciej K.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you Pierre Happy
There are some updates on my website, newly finished works.
I have in plans some big projects for the new year and I will open some topics, sharing progress pictures. I believe some inteersting details can be found there. Just need to finish some current projects.

Maciej K.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just want to let you know that there are some new swords available on my website
- you can find more informations in section Available, here is direct link: http://artofswordmaking.com/category/available

Jeremiah Swanger

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Maciej K. wrote:
Just want to let you know that there are some new swords available on my website
- you can find more informations in section Available, here is direct link: http://artofswordmaking.com/category/available

I'm really liking that "Marienburg Longsword"-- its proportions are strong and bold, yet still elegant and graceful. Well done!

"Rhaegar fought nobly.
Rhaegar fought valiantly.
Rhaegar fought honorably.
And Rhaegar died."

- G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
Jeremiah Swanger

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jun, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

On another note, what is it with Poland and the amazing swords being produced by its craftsmen recently? Yourself and Mateusz, among others, have been producing some amazing works of art lately!
"Rhaegar fought nobly.
Rhaegar fought valiantly.
Rhaegar fought honorably.
And Rhaegar died."

- G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
Maciej K.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 08 Jun, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeremiah Swanger wrote:
On another note, what is it with Poland and the amazing swords being produced by its craftsmen recently? ...

Thank you Jeremiah.
I think there is a long tradition and interesting medieval history here and we have a lot of talented artists, craftsmen not only in Poland but also around - just to mention Robert Môc from Slovakia, Petr Florianek from Czech Republic or Tomek Kowmal, also from Poland and many others.
The Sword - is also a living symbol here. I believe that we all - swordmakers and fans - have it somehow genetically encoded inside Happy

Guillaume Vauthier

PostPosted: Thu 08 Jun, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Maciej K. wrote:
The Sword - is also a living symbol here. I believe that we all - swordmakers and fans - have it somehow genetically encoded inside Happy

You're so right! I guess that we all share the sword chromosome, in Poland, Germany, France or other countries Big Grin
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 08 Jun, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Maciej K. wrote:

Well said.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Henry R. Gower

PostPosted: Thu 08 Jun, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: New Swordmaker         Reply with quote

Does having both parents from Poland count ? I mean as far as passing on the sword chromosome. I was named after Henryk Sienkiewicz, who wrote, "With Fire and Sword." In addition, my mother grew up in 1920's Poland, which was experiencing a resurgence of patriotism due to it's newly regained independence and defeat of the Bolshevik invasion. She learned these patriotic songs, most of which involved sabres or swords, and sung them to me when I was little. I remember Za Niemen (Beyond the Niemen River) which song ends "hug me and hand me my sword," and this marching song, which had a line in it, "what a foreign power took from us, we will now retake with the sabre." It loses a little in translation, but here it is.
Henry
Maciej K.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 04 Jul, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New Swordmaker         Reply with quote

Henry R. Gower wrote:
Does having both parents from Poland count ? I mean as far as passing on the sword chromosome. I was named after Henryk Sienkiewicz, who wrote, "With Fire and Sword." In addition, my mother grew up in 1920's Poland, which was experiencing a resurgence of patriotism due to it's newly regained independence and defeat of the Bolshevik invasion. She learned these patriotic songs, most of which involved sabres or swords, and sung them to me when I was little. I remember Za Niemen (Beyond the Niemen River) which song ends "hug me and hand me my sword," and this marching song, which had a line in it, "what a foreign power took from us, we will now retake with the sabre." It loses a little in translation, but here it is.
Henry

Henry, that`s very nice to hear that you have Polish parents! I really don`t believe that "sword-obsession" can be somehow connected with any country ( Happy ) but I think there can be some connection with the Past inside us somehow "transferred" by our parents. Anyway - that would be an interesting topic for scientists!
I know very well "With Fire and Sword" by Sienkiewicz - as all my compatriots I believe Happy There is more wonderful historical books from Sienkiewicz. I know also the history that you have mentioned. Indeed we have many patriotic songs about that times. The words "What a foreign power took from us, we will now retake with the sabre"... is the beginning of Polish national anthem. We Poles are proud of our history - sometimes very difficult and bloody - but which gave us heroes, hope and independence today.
Thank you for your words!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Swordmaker: new website - Maciej Kopciuch
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic