Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Ohio/Midwest Area Round Table Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next 
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Ohio/Midwest Area Round Table         Reply with quote

Hello folks,
As discussed elsewhere (http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=3256), there will be a Midwest Area gathering for sword-lovers on March 19, 2005.

The party is open to anyone over the age of 18 who is willing to make the trip to my suburban Cincinnati home. It should be a great opportunity to meet other sword lovers. People are encouraged to bring their swords for show and tell. If the weather is nice, we'll do some pool noodle cutting as well.

Since this is an Albion Round Table, Albion swords will be featured and they will be sending a package of their swords. But, all swords are welcome for show-and-tell and cutting.

I'm going to try using Evite to manage the guest list and invitations. Evite requires email address, so it'd be great if people could PM that info to me.

More details to follow. Hope to see many of you there!

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I'll try to make the grueling trek over to your place Big Grin

Let me know if you need me to bring anything?
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Please notice that I added a new forum feature to the site. At the top of this topic is now an "Event Registration" area that allows members to choose if they are able to participate, not participate, or maybe participate. This allows the event organizer the ability to quickly determine who will be able to attend the event, etc. Members can change their registration if they so wish.

If you choose to participate, you must hit the participate button a second time to "confirm" your registration. A confirmation date is recorded to, again, assist the event coordinator.

A by-product of this feature might also be that it may encourage others to come to the event if they see a good turn-out already confirmed. Who knows?

So, you're interested in this event, please select your choice, above, and then confirm it so Chad knows what's up. It'll serve as a little test for me, too.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Please notice that I added a new forum feature to the site. At the top of this topic is now an "Event Registration" area that allows members to choose if they are able to participate, not participate, or maybe participate. This allows the event organizer the ability to quickly determine who will be able to attend the event, etc. Members can change their registration if they so wish.

If you choose to participate, you must hit the participate button a second time to "confirm" your registration. A confirmation date is recorded to, again, assist the event coordinator.

A by-product of this feature might also be that it may encourage others to come to the event if they see a good turn-out already confirmed. Who knows?

So, you're planning to attend this event, please select your choice, above, and then confirm it so Chad knows what's up. It'll serve as a little test for me, too.

Cool feature. Thanks, as always, for adding new features to the site to help us out. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Major cool feature.

Chad, just use jf107s@hotmail.com for me!!

Regards.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very cool feature, Nathan

Chad, do I need to start saving empty 2-liters, or do you think the bottle-cutting level will be low?

Should we look into rice straw mats? I can donate a small amount to get just a few, if we can find cheap ones.

We should also start asking what swords we would like to have there, probably limited to what's in production already.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Bell wrote:
Very cool feature, Nathan

Chad, do I need to start saving empty 2-liters, or do you think the bottle-cutting level will be low?

Should we look into rice straw mats? I can donate a small amount to get just a few, if we can find cheap ones.

We should also start asking what swords we would like to have there, probably limited to what's in production already.

I wouldn't be opposed to mats, but I'm unsure if we can use Albion's swords on anything but noodles. I'll check with Mike.

Any suggestions as to the wishlist would be cool. Also, if you're bringing a sword (or swords), let us know what you're bringing so Albion won't send duplicates of what we already have.

Happy

ChadA

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to mats, but I'm unsure if we can use Albion's swords on anything but noodles. I'll check with Mike.

Mats are cool with the good folks in New Glarus. Do you know of an inexpensive source, Nate?

Happy

ChadA

Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:

Mats are cool with the good folks in New Glarus. Do you know of an inexpensive source, Nate?

Hi Chad,

Actually, it was Jason Dingledine up at Albion that mentioned a cheap source for mats, I think the key is getting "rice straw" mats, they are somehow different from "real" tatami mats. We need to contact Jason to get the sources....

Looks like I might have a Jarl to show off for the RT Big Grin
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will bring my entire huge collection consisting of:

Albion Regent.
Albion Landgraf.

Easy to get my huge collection into the car at least!! Cool

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like some people from Columbus ARMA are going to come down too.

I will direct people to come here and confirm as they decide.

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:

Very cool. If they could PM or email me their email addresses, I'll put them on the list.

Thanks, Joe!

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

Very cool. If they could PM or email me their email addresses, I'll put them on the list.

Thanks, Joe!

Done.

Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Fri 11 Feb, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am glad to see that Mark Weldon is able to make this one! Also very glad to see that 2 "new faces" Doug Gardner and Mark Mattimore will be joining us.

Looking forward to it already Cool
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Feb, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looking forward to it, Chad. I'll bring my Albions (FirstGeneration Acre type XII, Pompeii Gladius, Celtic LaTene II), and my one Del Tin (St. Maurice) that I bought from Albion. Is it OK to bring a few non-Albion swords? I'd love to show-&-tell my 3 Arms & Armor pieces and my two wasters (wooden longswords) I got from Purpleheart Armory last month.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Feb, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ted,
Bring whatever you'd like. There will be an Albion focus to the event, but all swords and swordsmen/swordswomen are welcome.

If you could, please click on the button at the top of the post to show everyone that you're coming. Even though I already have you down via the Evite, this will let other forumites know how jealous they should be. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Fri 11 Feb, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If Mark is bringing noodles, and if you're planning cutting weather permitting, looks like I'm going to have to check some stores for some since the guest list is growing. Surprised
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Feb, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Albion has agreed to extend special party-only pricing to people who attend the Round Table on March 19th.

Take 15% off any Albion Mark Next Generation Sword ordered the day of the party. Or take 10% off any Next Generation sword ordered between March 20 and April 1st.

Remember that payment plans are available to qualified customers. I'll take down basic order information at the party and have Mike get in touch with you for details.

Just a little extra incentive for anyone who needed it. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Mon 14 Feb, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:

Just a little too far from Orlando.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Albion has agreed to extend special party-only pricing to people who attend the Round Table on March 19th.

Take 15% off any Albion Mark Next Generation Sword ordered the day of the party. Or take 10% off any Next Generation sword ordered between March 20 and April 1st.

Remember that payment plans are available to qualified customers. I'll take down basic order information at the party and have Mike get in touch with you for details.

This has to be about the biggest discount I've seen Albion offer.

If you're in the area and on the fence about ordering something, definitely the perfect excuse.

BTW...do you have any idea what will be there yet? If you do maybe a list should get posted to this thread so people will know what they wil get to see/handle. I'll have my Regent with CF longsword scabbard (I believe it the black rig pictured on his website) and my Landgraf.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Ohio/Midwest Area Round Table
Page 1 of 4 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: