Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Introducing... Paladin Forge! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Alan Schiff
Industry Professional

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Introducing... Paladin Forge!         Reply with quote

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good day. Well, as the title alludes to I've decided to turn the hobby into a business.Happy

Pretty much since I started collecting in 2003 I've been customizing my own pieces and, more recently, pieces for my brothers and friends. Now that I've got a couple years of experience forging I decided that it might be cool to start selling some pieces that I make. I don't have the patience do make long blades with my limited tools, so when I do a sword I use a blade from someone else, mostly Hanwei Tinkers. Right now I've got 2 swords available on my site, and I'm working on another one right now, as well as a couple hammers.

Another thing you can expect to see from me are hilt components. I always got frustrated that components just weren't available for (what I thought was) a decent price, so I'll be doing some loose pieces that people can use to make their own stuff. Some will be unfinished blanks and others will be finished pieces, for people with different skill levels to use.

Anyway, here's a link to the site and a few pics of what I've done so far. Hope you enjoy, and of course any feedback is appreciated.

www.paladinforge.com

Thanks for looking,
Alan
Ian Hutchison

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very good news, I'm one of those people who is always looking for hilt components for bare blades!
'We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose.' - Adrian Carton de Wiart
M. Lanteigne

PostPosted: Tue 19 Apr, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Introducing... Paladin Forge!         Reply with quote

Will you also have for sale the pommel style on the H/T bastard you modified? Or even something similar to the stock one on the current H/T Longsword?

Are you also planning on selling guards of different styles too?

"Iron Sharpens Iron"
Richard Miller

PostPosted: Tue 19 Apr, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just perused your site, and I like the style of work. You don't mess up the lines of the sword with useless embellishment ... just straight- forward and simple.
I honestly may ask you for some work on a Kris XVIIIc. Looks like good stuff to me!
Do you make simple scabbards as well?
Alan Schiff
Industry Professional

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 19 Apr, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

M. Lanteigne, I don't have any guards or other pommels in the works right now, but if you want to commission some pieces I'd be more than happy to make what you're looking for.

Richard, what kind of scabbard are you looking for? I can definitely do something simpler than those on my site if you'd like. Unfortunately, though, at this time I'm unable to make lockets or chapes. I just can't seem to get them to come out right. Sad

For anyone interested, I am taking commissions, so if you are looking for something in particular send me a pm or email me at contact@paladinforge.com.
Ben Joy

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Alan Schiff wrote:
For anyone interested, I am taking commissions, so if you are looking for something in particular send me a pm or email me at contact@paladinforge.com.

Even though my commission is in the works right now, I'd absolutely recommend utilizing his services. He's quick to answer any and all questions regarding any work (I've never waited more than a day for a response . . . which is awesome as far as I'm concerned); and he's more than willing to take time to discuss concepts and give rough sketches of prospects. Also, the pricing is incredibly reasonable for the work being done.

I'll be sure to leave more reviews once I get my commission, but given what I'm seeing in the WIP thread, I have a feeling it's going to be more glowing reviews.

"Men take only their needs into consideration, never their abilities." -Napoleon Bonaparte

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Introducing... Paladin Forge!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic