Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Strong Dollar means Great Deals (For we here in the USA!) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Richard Miller

PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Strong Dollar means Great Deals (For we here in the USA!)         Reply with quote

I was recently reading a post regarding which site was the right place to purchase "Real Lutel" products. As the post and comments indicated, the proper site is: Lutel-Handicraft.com.

I hadn't looked at Lutel in some time due all the problems that were reported, but now that Lutel swords, daggers and all sorts of medieval and Renaissance weaponry is available (reliably) again, I checked them out.

I was remembering that their products were on the pricey-side, but worth the money. I had seen some beautiful examples sold for around $600 for their mid range stuff, so I was expecting the prices to have risen a bit over the past few years. Boy was I wrong!

Back in 2012, the US Dollar was about 25% to 30% lower than the Euro, while the Czech Koruna (CZK) was about 16 to the dollar. So what, right?

Now, because the almighty buck will now buy nearly 24 Koruna for whatever reasons economists pull out of their ... hats(?), The exchange means that what cost about $600 bucks from Lutel a few years ago, can now be had for about $400-$420!

I don't pretend to know what spurs these currency fluctuations, but I don't believe that the dollar will trade this high against the Koruna for long. So, check out Lutel, and perhaps other Czech companies, and be prepared to save a whole lot of dough if you want a good product!
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There is probably more room to go on that flip but you are correct that Europe is becoming a more viable purchasing option again.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Leo Todeschini
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 22 Feb, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just heard today that the Dollar/Pound exchange rate is the best for 7 years.

Now is the time for all you Americans to buy British! Could ~I humbly suggest having a look here? http://www.todsstuff.co.uk/in-stock/tods-in-stock.htm

Regards

Tod

www.todsworkshop.com
www.todcutler.com
www.instagram.com/todsworkshop
https://www.facebook.com/TodsWorkshop
www.youtube.com/user/todsstuff1
Harry Marinakis

PostPosted: Tue 23 Feb, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There's nothing new here. It has been a good time to buy against the Great British Pound (GBP) since 2009, and a good time to buy against Euro for the the past 18 months.

In contrast - it's been a very bad time to buy against the Swiss Franc (CHF) for the past 10+ years.

I wouldn't get caught up in the day-to-day fluctuations in the exchange rate, but instead focus on the long-term trends.

In this global market, it's always good to keep an eye on exchange rates in order to find good deals.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=EUR

Attachment: 66.83 KB
GBP.jpg

Attachment: 68.18 KB
Euro.jpg

Attachment: 69.07 KB
chf.jpg

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Strong Dollar means Great Deals (For we here in the USA!)
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic