Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Armour of the English Knight 1400-50: PRE-ORDER IS OPEN! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next 
Tim Mathews

PostPosted: Tue 10 Nov, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Toby`s book         Reply with quote

Thanks Neil ... I am in Minnesota - My copies should be here today !
Best
Tim

Tim Mathews
Tim Mathews

PostPosted: Thu 12 Nov, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Toby`s Book         Reply with quote

Greetings all,
I admit to being more than a little concerned... Neil in CO received his copy this last Monday ... I am in MN and have not received mine as of yet ... I pre - ordered back the end of March.I am assuming that they are coming from east to west ... Any thoughts ?
Best
Tim

Tim Mathews
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Eight weeks since my order of 9/11, but that was not a pre-order. I assume (and hope) TDM filled the pre-orders first but that does seem like a long time, even for international shipping. I'm a little concerned, but not quite ready to contact TDM as long as others in the US are still waiting. It seems that these are just slow getting to most of us.
-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Sean Flynt

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Actually, mine just arrived (Birmingham, Alabama)! Keep on the lookout, folks!
-Sean

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
J. Nicolaysen

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I received my copy here in Wyoming today. I pre-ordered mine back in July. I think there will be a wave of books coming soon throughout the US. But Tim, I would go ahead and contact the publisher since you made your order clear back in the spring.

I'm very excited to go through it Dr. Capwell. Thanks for all your hard work. Of course I hope you will follow it up soon with more great work!
Lloyd Winter

PostPosted: Fri 13 Nov, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for mine in California, and I preordered in Early April. I still haven't seen the charge on my credit card either.
Randall Moffett

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Sat 14 Nov, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I contacted them after I saw the first US arrivals and still no book. They said late last week it would arrive but so far still waiting. I am fairly sure my paypal cleared. t does not arrive this weekend I will email them anew but we had a federal holiday and such so who knows.

RPM
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Nov, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mine arrived in Ohio Thursday. It's a beautiful book. I haven't dug into the text yet, but I've looked at many of the photos. Stunning work.
Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Tim Mathews

PostPosted: Sun 15 Nov, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Toby`s Book         Reply with quote

Chad,
I am pleased to learn you have received your copy. I am still waiting on mine. I shot an email to the publisher Friday. I hope to hear back this week.
Best
Tim

Tim Mathews
Sean Flynt

PostPosted: Mon 16 Nov, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mine arrived (via Paris) in its own armour!

I got to read much of the book this weekend and found it extremely well-researched and written, thought-provoking and helpful. TC and the publisher/designer did a great job with this.

Attachment: 108.59 KB
IMG_0860.gif

-Sean

Tobias Capwell

PostPosted: Tue 17 Nov, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm so pleased the books are starting to land in the USA. Sorry it took so long. I should try to write a lighter book next time. 2.5kg is expensive to ship almost every way you play it these days, and we wanted to try to keep the costs down. So we ended up with delivery by three-toed sloth it seems.

I'm happy also to hear that most readers, so far, feel it has been worth the wait.

Best,

T
Sean Flynt

PostPosted: Tue 17 Nov, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's wonderful! I would say it's also inexpensive by European standards. Even with shipping, this cost not much more than some comparable domestic titles I've bought in recent years, and about half of a typical grocery bill.

http://www.amazon.com/British-Military-Swords...ds+mowbray

http://www.amazon.com/Bowie-Knife-Unsheathing...flayderman

http://www.amazon.com/Confederate-Bowie-Knive...ate+bowies

-Sean

Tim Mathews

PostPosted: Tue 17 Nov, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Armour of the English Knight         Reply with quote

Greetings all,
For those that are interested here is an update.
I had sent an email to the publisher Friday afternoon inquiring when I might expect to receive the two copies I ordered back in March. I received a reply this morning telling me my copies were shipped out on 10/15 and if I have not received them by 11/20 to contact them again and they would make alternative arrangements.
The good news is that I received a prompt and courteous reply ... The bad news is that he did not sound particularly surprised that I still don`t have them.
I will remain optimistic .
Best
Tim

Tim Mathews
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 18 Nov, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Still waiting here in the heartland.
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Daniel Sullivan

PostPosted: Wed 18 Nov, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Armour of the English Knight .....         Reply with quote

Happy to hear that many of you have received your copies. Ordered mine in mid August, received an update/confirmation on September 25th.

I sent an inquiry a few days ago and yesterday received a very courteous reply from one Patrick Shutt informing me that postings were done in batches and my item was sent on October 12th. Also stated that if my item did not arrive by the end of next week to contact him. Certainly not worried about the money, but am very anxious to get my mitts on another of Toby Capwell's superb efforts.

Lloyd Winter; am also located in California, if you see this message please drop a PM or email to me on receipt of your book. I will do like wise.......

Regards,
Dan
Randall Moffett

PostPosted: Wed 18 Nov, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well Toby.... you really have outdone yourself on this. I just was sitting here grading final papers for my medieval history class this term and I hear a knock at the door and there in a massive yellow bag I find my book. I had to open it up of course to see what the heck I just received in such a bag but it is a lovely book. I only have had time to take a quick glance at the images, photos and some of the text but it is looks to be an amazing book! I could only imagine Blair would have loved this work. I am really liking how you have it organized and think this will be very useful for my academic as well as personal hobbies.

Very excited to start reading it. Great intro!

Thank you for all the hard work!

Randall
Daniel Sullivan

PostPosted: Thu 19 Nov, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Armour of the English Knight         Reply with quote

My copy arrived late yesterday (Daly City, CA). Resisting the temptation to open it as I know there will be a complete loss of priorities once I do so.

Cheers,
Dan
Randall Moffett

PostPosted: Thu 19 Nov, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Dan,

It is! I need to finish grading final papers for my upper division history class but I admit to have taken a few quick reviews of Toby's book after every few....

It is awesome. Now we need to see more of this stuff reproduced in reenactment armour!

RPM
William P

PostPosted: Tue 24 Nov, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

i'm planning on getting one eventually, but its not SUPER high on my list just yet (that honour goes to timothy dawsons book on byzantine court garb)

but your armour book is SO on my wishlist perhaps over christmas?
Tim Mathews

PostPosted: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Capwell Book         Reply with quote

Greetings all,
My two copies arrived yesterday ... Magnificent ! Thank you Dr. Capwell !
I dropped of Craig Johnson`s copy and we celebrated with a dram or two ...
I am thrilled to add this volume to my library.
Best
Tim

Tim Mathews

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Armour of the English Knight 1400-50: PRE-ORDER IS OPEN!
Page 4 of 5 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: