Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > seeking stiletto reproduction Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
James English

PostPosted: Tue 27 Oct, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: seeking stiletto reproduction         Reply with quote

I am interested in this style of stiletto with a triangular or round blade.

I have been looking at these two:

http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=401620#
http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=DSA1805

Does anyone have any experience with those two models? Would the originals have been sharpened? If so, do you think either of those models could hold an edge?

Is there a better reproduction I should be looking at somewhere else? I'm interested in something that is functional and could be realistically used in combat (though obviously I never would), preferably with a max price of $150.

Thanks!
J. Nicolaysen

PostPosted: Wed 28 Oct, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there a better reproduction I should be looking at somewhere else? I'm interested in something that is functional and could be realistically used in combat (though obviously I never would), preferably with a max price of $150.

Arms and Armor used to make a pretty sweet stilletto for under 200, but it's discontinued. Perhaps it's not economical for them to make it at that price any more. You could ask them if they can do another simpler stiletto. I've thought about that myself since I want one too. http://www.arms-n-armor.com/dagg723.html

Lutel makes a very nice looking one but it's another 100 dollars or so. http://www.lutel-handicraft.com/?p=productsMo...ylet-10041 This is probably the one I will get myself whenever I get a stiletto.

There were some very nice ones made by Tod's Stuff and Fabrice Cognot in the last few years but they are much over your budget.

Quote:
Would the originals have been sharpened?

The blades would not have been sharpened, but the point would have been very sharp. Well it's not like I've seen every stiletto to make this an absolute statement, but it's my understanding.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The ones Lutel make are quite nice. They had another model too, and perhaps still do.

I still have a stiletto in my collection. I had two of the same model at one time but sold one. I could be talked into selling the remaining one should somebody want to contact me with an offer. haha

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
J. Nicolaysen

PostPosted: Wed 28 Oct, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
I still have a stiletto in my collection. I had two of the same model at one time but sold one. I could be talked into selling the remaining one should somebody want to contact me with an offer. haha

Oh, don't do that!!! That's a really nice one. Does it have measurement markings? I like those gunner stilettos.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 28 Oct, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J. Nicolaysen wrote:
Quote:

Oh, don't do that!!! That's a really nice one. Does it have measurement markings? I like those gunner stilettos.

One did and one didn't. I don't remember which one I still have. Either way, it's easy to scribe lines onto it. I added the lines myself with a metal nail file.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Brian Jones

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi James, don't know if you saw it in today's "MRL deal of the day" post but apparently they have one marked down to $49.00

Don't have any idea of it's quality but it seems like a good price to take a chance if it appears like something you are looking for.

http://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=260...;start=720
Brian Jones

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like it is the first one you linked to in your initial post...a Windlass piece
James English

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian Jones wrote:
Looks like it is the first one you linked to in your initial post...a Windlass piece

Thank you VERY VERY much! I just went to the website and ordered one!

Thanks to everyone for their great suggestions!
Brian Jones

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You're welcome! I love it when timing lines up like that. It looks like a pretty nice piece and with the discount I can't imagine it not being very worth it. I hope you like it when it gets there!
James English

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian Jones wrote:
You're welcome! I love it when timing lines up like that. It looks like a pretty nice piece and with the discount I can't imagine it not being very worth it. I hope you like it when it gets there!

At that price, I couldn't say no! I would have missed that deal completely if not for you!
J. Nicolaysen

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:

Thank you VERY VERY much! I just went to the website and ordered one!

Well feel free to post your thoughts when you get it, a review if you like. I'd be interested in how strong it feel. Looks like a good buy, especially at that daily deal price.
James English

PostPosted: Mon 02 Nov, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J. Nicolaysen wrote:
Well feel free to post your thoughts when you get it, a review if you like. I'd be interested in how strong it feel. Looks like a good buy, especially at that daily deal price.

I will!
James English

PostPosted: Wed 04 Nov, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J. Nicolaysen wrote:

I just got it, and really like it. It feels strong, but I'm going to set up a couple of tests to see how it holds up. I'll post a review when I have some results.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > seeking stiletto reproduction
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic