Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > no reply from lutel-handicraft for 2 weeks Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Andreas Schlögl

PostPosted: Fri 03 Apr, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: no reply from lutel-handicraft for 2 weeks         Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

i ordered a longsword from Lutel-Handicraft at the end of September last year. The Payment was very quick and they said that they expect the sword to be ready in around 4-5 months. On March 20th i decided to inquire about the status of the sword but got no answer. A week later on 27th i sent them another email politely asking how the sword is progressing but unfortunately still no answer.

Do you guys have any suggestions how i should proceed further? Anybody heard any bad news from them?

best regards
Andrew
Matthew P. Adams

PostPosted: Fri 03 Apr, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This happens way too often with many craftsmen and venders. There are two schools of thought about what to do.

1) accepting no response is doing fellow customers a disservice. The only way to prevent sloppy business practices is to not accept them. You should send a stronger worded E-mail, and possible mention a cancelation of the order and a refund process.

2) Understand that this is just how things seem to work and wait it out, or keep sending polite requests for updates and information on a weekly basis.

I am an overly passive customer, and follow the second attitude, more than I probably should. I have also eventually received all the swords I've ordered. I know I don't ever need a sword as way to protect myself, and if it's a month or two (or 6, or 12) late, it doesn't really phase me, but then I've never not received a purchase, and my acceptance may have contributed to someone else not receiving theirs. Maybe.

Lutel-Handicraft is a company that's been around quite a while, with a solid reputation, and I don't think there is any possibility that you aren't going to get your sword. At all.

How you would like to handle the communication and timelyness is up to you.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training" Archilochus, Greek Soldier, Poet, c. 650 BC
Eric Edelmann

PostPosted: Fri 03 Apr, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've been corresponding with Jan to get a couple of pieces ordered. The last email I receive was 3/30. He told me he has been having some health problems. There has been another issue with emails going to him as well as receiving email. Apparently, he has not been receiving my correspondents and I am getting only about half of his. This has been an issue while using a couple ofr my email account so I don't know if the issue is on my side or his.

I have also had the same kind of problems in contacting Arma Bohemia too.
Joel Chesser

PostPosted: Fri 03 Apr, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I emailed them about 6 months ago with an inquiry and it took them several weeks to respond. I did eventually get a response though.
..." The person who dosen't have a sword should sell his coat and buy one."

- Luke 22:36
Edward Lee

PostPosted: Fri 03 Apr, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I emailed lutel handicraft last year around Nov, I received a response 2 days later. Lutel guy said he was sick, and the delivery time was set for 3 months after the order is placed.
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sat 04 Apr, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My order from September 15th was shipped and received last week.

Was notified by LUTEL it had shipped.

Non Timebo Mala
Jan Krasl
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 10 Apr, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: response delays         Reply with quote

Hello guys, I would like to apologize for delays with my responses for emails.I am strugling with some health problems during last few months and cant be online as much as needed, so sometimes it takes even two weeks until I write you back...
I thank you all for patience and hope nobody gets too angry :-)
I hope that everythig returns back to normal very soon.

http://www.lutel-handicraft.com/
http://www.facebook.com/lutel.armoury

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > no reply from lutel-handicraft for 2 weeks
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic