Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Hi I'm new here and was wondering about the sellers Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Harry H

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Hi I'm new here and was wondering about the sellers         Reply with quote

Are people generally legit on these forums, is there a list of legitimate people?
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Harry,
Welcome to MA,
I don't know of a list or personally haven't seen one,
But in my experience with a good few of the people on here, they are all legit, at least all who I have dealt with personally have been,
some above and beyond,
I'd like to think that the couple of people I've sold to on here feel the same,
there has been an odd hiccup here and there on the marketplace, but very few overall,
if your thinking of buying, use the search feature to go back through the sellers threads to see if there are other sales that service can be verified, its as much as you can do,
but I'd happily recommend the selling forum here, and would say the thought of not getting what you pay for is so infrequent it doesn't really cross my mind,
I've been checking the sales here everyday for many years, and think 95%+ go well,
others opinions may vary, hopefully others will say,
feel free to pm a name to ask if it helps, or a quick Q to one of the moderators for a rep check wouldn't hurt,
I've certainly seen more issues with sellers and companies elsewhere than I've seen with the forum here,
all items I've bought have come from the States, so that adds a little pucker factor when you don't know them, lol,
Harry H

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks, that helps a lot
Mark T

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Harry,

I'm not sure by sellers if you mean the manufacturers and vendors, or the private sellers ...

As for private sellers, I've generally had good experiences here. The calibre of conversation, strong interest in research, use of proper names, and general lack of arrogance adds up to a good bunch of folks.

I've had one or two small issues with purchases here, which could have been solved by me asking more detailed questions about condition or history of items, or asking to see photos from all sides, but in general, the trades have been of a high standard, and high integrity.

Sadly, this hasn't always been my experience on some other arms and armour-related forums, which have different standards and culture, where I've been burned a couple of times. Key things, as with any internet transaction, is to ask a lot of questions, demand a lot of photos, ask for a return/refund option if there's anything wrong, and pay via a method that gives some recourse, such as PayPal or a credit card. And know what you're looking at, of course!

Chief Librarian/Curator, Isaac Leibowitz Librarmoury

Schallern sind sehr sexy!
Aaron Hoard

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've made two private-party transactions on here and both have been smooth.

I've made purchases from five different industry professionals on here and all have gone smoothly.

So far, so good.
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've both bought and sold swords on this forum and have never had a bad experience. Not saying it couldn't happen, but this is a pretty good community. I'd feel safer doing business here than going through just about anywhere else on the internet, and you get the added bonus of a lot of professionals hanging out here as well. I've discovered, then gone on to do business with, more than one swordmaker on this site.
Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Bryan Heff

PostPosted: Tue 10 Feb, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will echo what others have already said, I personally have never had an issue buying or selling. The VAST majority of the private sellers seem completely legit and honest. My personal piece of advice would be to get a feel for the seller by checking on their post history etc. How long have they been active, any signs of trouble based on their post history. If you are looking to sell. Honesty is paramount in my opinion. If it has a scratch or defect, point it out. Most people here do and that goes a long way in building a trustful reputation.
The church is near but the roads are icy. The tavern is far but I will walk carefully. - Russian Proverb
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have bought some items here and on a couple other sword forums. Have never been duped in any transaction. I only use PayPal for payment for the protection it offers the buyer. Always research first before buying anything.
Non Timebo Mala
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have bought three very nice swords from the same person out of the Marketplace and have been very satisfied with all the transactions. You will note, as you spend more time here, that the administrators do an excellent job of keeping things in order. I believe you can visit the site and the forums and buy something you like without major concerns.
Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Hi I'm new here and was wondering about the sellers
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic