Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Las Vegas Classic Knife Show (code) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Wed 20 Oct, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Las Vegas Classic Knife Show (code)         Reply with quote

So I dont forget or loose the room rate code for those going to stay at the Mandalay Bay where the 2005 LVCKS will be held...STRGR5 for a standard room the price is Thu $199, Fri $229 and Sat $229

My wife and I always stay at the Luxor so I just made reservations for a deluxe room in the Pyramid with a strip view for Thu $89 Fri $139 Sat $139 and Sun $89 using the code TLVM05 which is for the marathon

now to fly or drive...from San Jose to Las Vegas round trip 1 ticket on American West the cost $155.70
drive: fun and get to drive 160mph in certain areas, infrared photography in the desert, bring a Engnath blade in the car and bring back sharp goodies, no taxi needed...but takes along time there and back again
wings: fast, car left in San Jose (barf) no sharp objects to take or bring back (big barf) cheaper than driving, maybe?
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Mon 25 Oct, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

also to add...during the same time as the Las Vegas Classic Knife Show...there will be the Las Vegas Antique Arms Show in conjunction with the International Sporting Arms Show...
http://www.ruble-enterprises.com/vegas.htm
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Tue 26 Oct, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks, Ben !
I'm seriously considering attending the show this year .....
So don't be too surprised if you hear the scream .... "Mac has entered the building" !!

;-) Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 26 Oct, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I should be there with my wife in tow!

(Or maybe she'll be keeping a leash on me?)

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Stephen S. Han

PostPosted: Wed 27 Oct, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll be there, though with a new job, I probably won't be able to Friday off, so mostly likely I won't be there until Saturday. Of course a friend is also getting me a pass to the SHOT show, which is also being held in Vegas that weekend, so I expect to be dead tired by Sunday PM.

Mac, it would be great to see you again.

Patrick and Ben, it would be great to finally meet you both.

Nathan Robinson, how's your schedule working out? Think you can make it this year?
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Fri 29 Oct, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

looking forward to meeting everyone + either me or my wife harassing the Albion table since they dont know what we look like Laughing Out Loud ....anyone up for a rollercoaster ride at the top of the Stratosphere?
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The list is up! Eek! did I miss Abion on the list? Howy and Crew you guys still showing up?

http://lvcks.com/attendees.htm
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ben Sweet wrote:
The list is up! Eek! did I miss Abion on the list? Howy and Crew you guys still showing up?

http://lvcks.com/attendees.htm

We are planning on it. I shot him an email to inform him of the error. Hopefully we will be added soon. See you there Ben!! Big Grin

Mike Sigman
Albion Swords
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

LOL!!! I just noticed something on the list. We are listed under Michael Sigman :-D I guess Amy and Howy better watch out now. Eek!
Mike Sigman
Albion Swords
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Sigman wrote:
LOL!!! I just noticed something on the list. We are listed under Michael Sigman :-D I guess Amy and Howy better watch out now. Eek!

Eek! Funny, I went to the Albion site and copied names from here http://albion-swords.com/about.htm then searched for them on the list, I gave up after getting down Jody Samson and not seeing him, should have check on everyone then I would have seen you Mike Laughing Out Loud See you guys on the Thu the 27th!
Stephen S. Han

PostPosted: Fri 17 Dec, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Roll Call         Reply with quote

So who's going?

I'll be there late Friday. Probably SHOT Show on Saturday, though, I might be available for dinner or post dinner get together Saturday night. Most likely I'll hit the Knife Show on Sunday. Most likely I'll bring a posse of scary looking Asian guys.

I'm in. Who else?
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 17 Dec, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Roll Call         Reply with quote

Stephen S. Han wrote:
So who's going?

I'll be there late Friday. Probably SHOT Show on Saturday, though, I might be available for dinner or post dinner get together Saturday night. Most likely I'll hit the Knife Show on Sunday. Most likely I'll bring a posse of scary looking Asian guys.

I'm in. Who else?

I'm afraid that I won't be going. In one day it seems that every mechanical device I depend on decided to break down. (save this computer, and I'm holding my breath) Everything's back up now, but when you combine that outlay with X-mas costs the budget's a bit too tight for get-aways.

Atlanta's still a go though.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 17 Dec, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

With Patrick's decision and not hearing from the others who promised to get back to me several weeks ago...

I guess I won't be going, either. Yeah. I'll make that choice now. No, I won't be going.

Next time I got to Vegas will be to have fun and party the old-fashioned Vegas way without swords and whatnot.

Like Patrick, I'll go to Atlanta next year, though.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Stephen S. Han

PostPosted: Fri 24 Dec, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Roll Call         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
[Everything's back up now, but when you combine that outlay with X-mas costs the budget's a bit too tight for get-aways.

Patrick,

I found that Christmas costs can be minimized by strategically picking fights with friends and family. Laughing Out Loud

The other unfortunate events re: mechanical devices, can't help ya.

Sorry you can't make Vegas. Looking forward to Atlanta.

Nathan,

Hey, any excuse to go to Vegas. Was there last weekend just because. See you in Atlanta.
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Sun 02 Jan, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Mac, I did not want to hijack your thread with this Vegas one....Are you also driving or flying in to Vegas? If your flying in and coming alone I might be able to pick you up at the airport...let me know

Hey Howy and Crew will you guys be set up in time on Thurs for those that will be entering under the Honored Guests?

B
Jason Dingledine

PostPosted: Sun 02 Jan, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ben Sweet wrote:
Hey Mac, I did not want to hijack your thread with this Vegas one....Are you also driving or flying in to Vegas? If your flying in and coming alone I might be able to pick you up at the airport...let me know

Hey Howy and Crew will you guys be set up in time on Thurs for those that will be entering under the Honored Guests?

B

Hey Ben,

It looks like it will only be Mike and Harlan there for Albion this go around. Mike mentioned in passing that he was flying out of here on Thurs., but I haven't a clue what time exactly. Maybe Harlan or Mike can shed a little more light on this.

Jason Dingledine
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sun 02 Jan, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ben Sweet wrote:
Hey Mac, I did not want to hijack your thread with this Vegas one....Are you also driving or flying in to Vegas? If your flying in and coming alone I might be able to pick you up at the airport...let me know , B

Hi Ben

I will definitely be flying .... and traveling by my lonesome !
(although I'll bet money there will be other folks on the plane ;-}

Seriously .....
I've been holding off booking anything yet as I keep hoping the weather people might give me a long-range promise of clear skies (my luck a blizzard will arrive that weekend and I'll have no one to cover my customers).
As soon as I get something nailed down I will give you a shout , Ben, and see where were at ?

Very nice of you to think about 'ol Mac, though ! Much appreciated !
( I forget ..... How close is the airport to this show ? )

Thanks, Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 03 Jan, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am sure hoping to be set up at a good time on Thursday. I arrive at about noon. I will be checking into the hotel and heading right over to set up. So it maybe a little later in the day - but I should have everything set up by Thursday night.
Mike Sigman
Albion Swords
Robert W. Betten

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 03 Jan, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Roll Call         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:

We havnt got along in the past but I'll be at Atlanta for blade so hope to meet anyone thats going...I'm hoping John Lundemo will make it down.

*!*
"If the people we love are taken from us,
the way they live on is to never stop loving
them. Buildings burn, people die, but real
love is forever."
- Sarah 'The Crow'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stephen S. Han

PostPosted: Mon 03 Jan, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thomas McDonald wrote:

( I forget ..... How close is the airport to this show ? )

Thanks, Mac

Mandalay Bay is where the show is being held (w/ the Antique Arms Show) which is at the south end of the Strip, south of Tropicana. Mandalay Bay is VERY close to the McCarran Airport. A short taxi ride, and I think there might be shuttle services from the airport. Will you be doing the same thing as Atlanta, go directly to the show from the airport, with your overnight bag slung across your back?

I'm staying at the Orleans which is about a mile west from the Strip on Tropicana.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Las Vegas Classic Knife Show (code)
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: