Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Vladimir Cervenka blade prices? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ben Welch

PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Vladimir Cervenka blade prices?         Reply with quote

Hello everyone, this would be my first post on this forum. I'm curious about Vladimir Cervenka's blade price ranges. What does one of his blades generally go for from your experience?
Bryan W.

PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd just email him directly.

He's always been pleasant and if I recall he usually keeps a price list for his standard reproduction stuff that he has on the website which he can send to you if he still has it. You can get an idea for current wait times too at the same time. If you're looking for custom though then it's definitely best to get a direct price quote from him rather than guess.
Jean Le-Palud

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Thu 25 Feb, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Ben,

This one costed me 300 euros 3 years ago. A good value for money in my opinion.
Cheers,
Jean

Attachment: 110.34 KB
Cerv03.jpg

Ben Welch

PostPosted: Thu 25 Feb, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That's a very nice price for a sword actually, now have you had any experience with their rappers? Or do you know anyone who has?
Richard Eskite

PostPosted: Thu 25 Feb, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Le-Palud wrote:
Hi Ben,

Cheers,
Jean

The prices have gone up a bit. I just took delivery of his single edge Viking sword with wire wrapped grip and it was more like 390 Euro. Combine that with the current rate of exchange, wire transfer fees and shipping and it was pretty much $640 delivered to the US. I ordered last fall and wasn't expecting the blade till much later in the year. I guess he had an opening in his schedule. You don't pay till the sword is ready and he provides good pictures of the finished piece when complete. It's a very nice sword, but at that price point there are other options as well.
Jean Le-Palud

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Richard Eskite wrote:
Jean Le-Palud wrote:
Hi Ben,

Cheers,
Jean

The prices have gone up a bit. I just took delivery of his single edge Viking sword with wire wrapped grip and it was more like 390 Euro. Combine that with the current rate of exchange, wire transfer fees and shipping and it was pretty much $640 delivered to the US. I ordered last fall and wasn't expecting the blade till much later in the year. I guess he had an opening in his schedule. You don't pay till the sword is ready and he provides good pictures of the finished piece when complete. It's a very nice sword, but at that price point there are other options as well.

Yes, of course your place of living is important. I just checked my records. Price was 295 euros including shipping to France, wire transfer fee was 2.95 euros so it costed me exactly 297.95 euros. I agree that the current rate of exchange is not very favourable for you americans. On the other hand when I order from USA prices are increased by 30% due to customs fee and VAT.
Jeff Larsen

PostPosted: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here is the one I bought years ago:

Sadly, I sold it. It was beautiful!

Jeff

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." Julius Caesar
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sun 13 Oct, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just ordered one for delivery in Apr 14. Most of his Viking swords are around 530 Euro and he offers a scabbard with belt for about 150 Euro extra. The single edged Vikings are cheaper.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would suggest checking with the maker directly, asking past customers what something costs may get you in the ball park but isn't a great indicator of what future work will cost. All sorts of factors make this so. For example, the cost of his raw materials may have just risen necessitating a price increase. Perhaps the maker has raised their labor rates since this or that customer purchased a piece. Or as is often the case, the guy that buys the first of a particular thing gets a much better deal then the next guy because the maker didn't realize how much of a pain the thing would be to make.

So again, I would just contact the maker, most are very easy to communicate with and are open about their current prices. If not, that too should tell you something. Happy

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Vladimir Cervenka blade prices?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic